‘Will Prove My Strength In Assembly’: Panneerselvam Addresses Media

- Advertisement -

Update: After assuming CM position, experiences which I had gone through had pained me a lot; being a CM I was targeted & humiliated.I continued with my post only after union govt asked me to do so after resignation: Panneerselvam after media address.

Chennai: O Panneerselvam addresses media from his residence, says will prove his strength strength in the assembly.

He will also order a probe under a retired HC judge and an inquiry commission will be set up  to investigate Jaya’s death. “Jayalalithaa and MGR have done a lot for the state, and he will follow their footsteps”, he said.

- Advertisement -

If Deepa comes, I will give her the respect and support that Amma’s niece deserve, he said.Amma is responsible for me to reach this position, her spirit will guide me, he added.

In his first public comments on Jayalalithaa’s hospitalisation, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister O Panneerselvam  said he could not meet her even once during her 75 days of hospitalisation.
He also said that no political leader could meet her in the Apollo Hospitals where she died on December 5.

“For 75 days I went to the hospital. But I could not meet her even once. Even my family members used to ask me every day whether I met Amma. At one stage, I even thought of lying that I had met her. But I did not do so,” Panneerselvam told a Tamil TV channel.

Panneer, who was allocated the portfolios held by Jayalalithaa during her hospitalisation, said he explained to his family that visitors were not allowed since she was in the intensive care unit and there was a possibility of infection.

He assured that election will be held soon for the ‘permanent’ general secretary post of AIADMK. Meanwhile, Sasikala continues to be in the interim general secretary post.

Former Minister K. P. Munusamy and Rajya Sabha MP Maithreyan, other rebel leaders P.H. Pandian, his son and former Rajya Sabha MP P.H. Paul Manoj Pandian are present.

Burning of effigies of Panneerselvam outside AIADMK headquarters blocked by police.