Kolkata: The results of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations (WBJEE) 2017 was announced on Monday with Debaditya Pramanik taking the first position. Kolkata is not lagging behind. There are 3 Calcuttas in the top 10. Just after Kolkata, North 24 Parganas have also taken its position in top 10.
Ayrin Ghosh stood first from among girls. She is in the second position in top 10.
The rankings from 1 to 10 as declared by the board are as follows:
- Debaditya Pramanik, Birla High School.
- Ayrin Ghosh, DAV Model School, Durgapur.
- Harsid Kedia, Kota , Rajasthan.
- Soumik Das, Rahara Ramkrishrna Mission.
- Arnab Jana, Adamas School, Belgharia.
- Sagnik Bhattarjee, South Point School.
- Debmalya Sarkar, Jenkins School, Cooch Behar.
- Diptesh Biswas, Kalyani University Experimental High School.
- Utkarsh Jain, Shantiniketan.
- Sayan Chakrabarti, South Point School.
The results has been declared by the board after 43 days of the completion of the examinations. As per the official records, 1 lakh 17 thousand and 544 students appeared for the entrance examinations.
Students can check their results on the official website — www.wbjeeb.in. The council also mentioned that those who will score more than zero can appear for the counseling. The counseling for the admission will start from 12 June. Next year, that is, in 2018, the WBJEE entrance exam for undergraduate engineering, pharmacy and technology courses, will be held on 22 April.
WBJEEB Board conducts many exams for admission to various courses. WBJEE is conducted by the board for admission to degree level engineering, architecture and pharmacy courses in universities, government colleges as well as self-financing engineering and technological institutes in West Bengal.
WBJEE exam consists of two papers. Paper I has questions from Mathematics while Paper II has questions from Physics and Chemistry.