- Number of Counting Centre has been reduced to 291 from 330 as many seats got uncontested win. The process of counting will follow a two-tier process and can be extend to third round if necessary.
- Average 68% Turnout Till 5pm, Voters Still In Queue. On May 14 Vote Casted Till 5 pm Was 77.4%.
- 75.04% Till 4pm In Bankura.
- SDO beaten by on-duty officers alleged security imbalance in Raiganj.
- Every booth in Birbhum keeping Deputy Magistrate personnel and one Special ASI in each booth. Three-tier security starting before 1 kilometers. Border areas has been locked.
- Voting process continues amid rain in South Bankura.
- Average 70.2% turnout till 3pm in Bankura.
- 58.82% Vote turnout in Alipurduar till 1 pm.
- Re-polling continues Supur Number 13 booth. No incident of violence has been reported so far.
- Shikarpur – Knifings, one person is detained.
- Bankura recorded 25.5% voting till 11.00 hrs.
- Howrah recorded 25.1% voting till 11.00 hrs.
- Unidentified miscreants escape with a ballot box from polling booth no. 76 in Malda’s Ratua, also brandish a gun.
- Jagatballavpur: BJP accused of rigging, booth capturing at the Bamanpara High School, Jagatballavpur.
- Raigunj: Huge clash breaks over the death of the presiding officer. Locals staged protest, huge police forces deployed.
- Amdanga – Operation launched against miscreants, Addtional Superindent Of Police led the team.
- Mismatch from the very beginning of vote. Discordance reported from 50 number booth from a primary school in Baggacha of Uluberia. Locals hindered the outsiders. Few miscreants have set fire in adjourned houses.
- Polling process started in Chaka Raghunathpur of Raipur in Bankura. Vote going peacefully till now. On May 14, a gun from has been snatched from a police official.
- Active bomb recovered from roadside of Panchpara of Sankrail block in Howrah during poll. Panic sparked after this. Haji Akbar Ali Kaji Primary School was the booth for the area. Police have been deployed.
- Rapid Action Force (RAF) & police baton charged on people in Uttar Dinajpur district’s Goalpokhar as a crowd-control measure after the people agitated when the voting process for re-polling started late in booth no. 36/37
- Baishnabnagar, Krishnapur- One person seriously injured after bombing, taken to Malda Medical Hospital. Police Forces deployed
- Debipur, Ratua – Heavy Bombing by some miscreants, violence is reported from here.
- Goalpokhor: The polling booth is reported to be ruckus by people. Police lathicharged to remove the crowd of people engaged in polling booths.
- Alipurduar repolling- 17.08% polling till 9 a.m.
- Voting on 5 booths – Ranibadh, Raipur, Khatra, no violence.
- Bunch of hidden bricks recovered from backside of a shop in Bhaluka of North 24 Pargana. Police has detained 2 ousiders and unlocked bunch of bikes in front of a shop.
- 1 suspected outsider arrested with sharp knife from the voting line of Shikarpur in Jalpaiguri district.
- Repolling started in 5 booths of Bankura. Voting percentage stands in 3.8% after 1 hour.
- Booth No. 79 of Bakhra Gram Panchayat of Ratua in Malda did not start the voting process after 2 hours as no local political leader reached the centre.
- Rain started lashes out in Nerakopa but voting process going running peacefully.
- Voters queue up inspite of raining at Barikul and Raipur. 11.35% voting till 9.00hrs.
- Repolling of Piyashala Primary School Booth at Garbeta 2 Block, West Midnapore. On May 14, violence broke out here, ballot boxes were broken and allegations of hijacking ballot papers.
- In South 24 Parganas, East Midnapore and South Dinajpur districts, re-polling is going on at 26, 23 and 35 booths peacefully.
- There will be no re-polling in Jhargram district.
- Sporadic incidents of violence took place in South and North 24 Parganas and Nadia districts late on Monday. Repolling is going on under amid security.
- Voters queue up outside booth no. 117 in Bagdah, North 24 Parganas district. Till now no it is peaceful process.
- North Dinajpur tops the list with 73 booths going for repolls.
- There is no re-election in the booth of Udaynarayanpur and Amta-1 block in Howrah.
- The polling phase is going on in Molpur, Mohammadbazar
- Peaceful voting in Nerakopa,Garbeta, Tight security beefs up
- Repolling is being held in 38 booths, Howrah. So far the vote is peaceful till now.
Kolkata: The State Election Commission (SEC) on Tuesday announced repolling in as many as 573 polling booths out of 46,404 in which election was held on Monday.
The repolling starts on Wednesday from 7 am to 5 pm and the results will be declared on Thursday.
According to sources in the SEC, apart from Jhargram district, there will be repoll in 19 out of the 20 districts where the elections were conducted. North Dinajpur tops the list with 73 booths going for repolls.
The other districts which will witness repolls in a good number of booths are Murshidabad 63, Nadia 60, North 24-Parganas 59, Malda 55, Cooch Behar 52. Hooghly will have repolls in 10 booths, West Midnapore in 29, Jalpaiguri in 5, Purulia in 7, South Dinajpur in 35, West Burdwan in 3, Birbhum in 6, Bankura in 5, South 24-Parganas in 29, East Midnapore in 24, Alipurduar in 2, East Burdwan in 18 and Howrah in 38 booths.
The polling percentage after scrutinizing the entire poll percentage stands at 82.13 percent. East Midnapore witnessed the highest polling percentage of 85.13 followed by Purulia registering 85.06, Jhargram 84.93 and South 24-Parganas with 84.87 percent.