- Bengali actor turned politician Deepak Adhikari alias Dev has defeated his rival from BJP’s Bharati Ghosh by 1,07,973 votes. Dev polled 7,17,959 votes.
- As per the latest trend, Mamata Banerjee’s TMC was leading in 22 seats, BJP was ahead in 18 seats and Congress was leading in two seats.
- ‘Bengal will soon be governed by BJP’: Amit Shah on Bengal vote share increase
- Joyel Murmu of the BJP is leading by 9,766 votes against Amal Kisku of AITC in Habibpur. In Islampur, AITC candidate Abdul Karim Chowdhury is leading against S Mandal of the BJP by 20,926 votes. Shafiul Alam Khan of the Congress is leading against Goutam Roy of the AITC by 8,377 votes in Kandi. In Krishnaganj Assembly seat, BJP’s Ashish Kumar Biswas is leading by 13,527 against Prathama Ranjan Bose of the Congress, while in Nowda, Sahina Mamtaz Begum (Khan) of the AITC is leading by 20,684 against Sunil Kumar Mondal of the Congress.
- Jubilant scenes Howrah Bridge, BJP workers cannot wait to celebrate. Prasun Banerjee (TMC) is leading by 77,051 votes from Howrah constituency.
- Abhishek Banerjee (TMC), Raju Bista (BJP), Mimi Chakraborty(TMC), Babul Supriyo (BJP) have strong leads and could secure major wins.
- After trailing for most part of the day, Dinesh Trivedi of the TMC takes a slender lead of 696 votes. Arambagh’s stats are continuously changing as Aparupa Poddar (TMC) takes a slender lead of 1346 votes over Tapan Ray of the BJP
- S S Ahluwalia, another Union minister and BJP candidate from Burdwan-Durgapur Lok Sabha seat, is leading by 23444 votes against Mamtaz Sanghamita of the TMC. Abhishek Banerjee, nephew of TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee, is leading by 148834 votes in Diamond Harbour constituency. He is the sitting MP from the seat. In Darjeeling Lok Sabha seat, BJP candidate Raju Bista is leading by 175535 votes against Amar Singh Rai of the TMC. BJP state president Dilip Ghosh is leading by 5051 votes against Manas Ranjan Bhunia of the TMC in Medinipur.
- In Barrackpore seat, TMC candidate Dinesh Trivedi is trailing by 5221 votes against BJP’s Arjun Singh. In Malda North seat, BJP’s Khagen Murmu is leading by 1789 votes against Mausam Noor of the AITC. In Kolkata North constituency, two-time TMC MP from the seat, Sudip Bandopadhyay, is leading by 22034 votes against Rahul Sinha of the BJP.
- Sreerupa Mitra Chaudhury and Khagen Murmu are increasing their lead. Abu Hasem Khan Chaudhury of Congress and Mausam Noor who formerly fought as a Congress candidate, both kin of veteran Congress leader Abu Ghani Khan Choudhury trail in these two constituencies
- Aparupa Poddar leads ahead Tapan Kumar Ray of BJP. Dr. Kakoli Ghoshdastidar has also taken the lead in Barasat.
- The Bharatiya Janata Party has kept its leads intact across Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, Aliporeduar, Cooch Behar and Raiganj-
- Nusrat Jahan, Mimi Chakarborty, and Deepak Adhikari a.k.a Dev are leading from Basirhat, Jadavpur and Ghatal constituencies. Locket Chatterjee, formerly an actor is leading from Hooghly while Babul Supriyo, sitting MP from Asansol is leading with 69, 411 votes.
- Reports were claiming that the Left’s tally, so far, is zero. The significance of this cannot be overstated in a state where the Left Front-ruled unabated for 34 years.
- BJP’s Subhas Sarkar has taken a lead of 2687 votes over TMC’s Subrata Mukherjee in Bankura. BJP’s Rantideb Sengupta has taken a lead against footballer and Trinamool candidate Prasun Banerjee by 1150 votes.
- Former president Pranab Mukherjee’s son Abhijit is trailing by 14,333 votes against Khalilur Rahman of the Trinamool in Jangipur
- West Bengal: TMC leading on 24 seats, BJP leading on 17 seats and Congress on 1 seat; total seats 42
- Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar of TMC leading with over 15,000 votes in Barasat Lok Sabha seat
- TMC’s Abhishek Banerjee leading by 20,000 votes in Diamond Harbour Lok Sabha seat
- BJP Bengal President Dilip Ghosh is leading from Medinipur constituency
- Out of the 42 Lok Sabha constituencies in West Bengal, the BJP is leading in the following:Asansol, leading by 31670
Hooghly, leading by 9117
Alipurduar, leading by 7221
Bangaon, leading by 7709
Bankura, leading by 4707
Bishnupur, leading by 4215
Burdwan Durgapur leading by 7407
Maldah leading by 7933
Jhargram leading by 3196
Ghatal leading by 1104
Purulia leading by 547
- Former IPS officer Bharati Ghosh, is leading from Ghatal by almost a 1000 votes, according to the recent trends from the ECI.
- From Uluberia Lok Sabha seat, TMC’s Sajda Ahmed was leading by 920 votes against BJP’s Joy Banerjee. In Hoogly Lok Sabha seat, actress-turned politician BJP candidate Locket Chatterjee is leading by 2175 votes over incumbent TMC MP Ratna De Nag.
- In Coochbehar Lok Sabha seat, TMC turncoat Nishith Pramanik, who is now BJP candidate, has taken a lead of 1225 votes against TMC nominee Paresh Chandra Adhikary. BJP’s Babul Supriyo is leading by 3448 votes against Moon Moon Sen from Asansol Lok Sabha seat, as per PTI report.
- Saffron wave breaks down Mamata’s bastion, BJP set for historic gains
- Satabdi Roy is trailing in Birbhum, as Bharatiya Janata Party’s Dudh Kumar Mondal leads by 735 votes.
- BJP leads in Bangoan.
- BJP leads in 17 seats in Bengal.
- Satabdi Roy is trailing in Birbhum, as Bharatiya Janata Party’s Dudh Kumar Mondal leads by 735 votes
- West Bengal: TMC’s Abhishek Banerjee leading from Diamond Harbour
- Sajda Ahmed and Ratna De take the lead in Uluberia and Hooghly according to early trends posted by the Election Commission of India.
- BJP candidate Dr Subhas Sarkar leads from Bankura.
- Sougata Ray, Mahua Moitra, actress-turned-politician Satabdi Roy (Banerjee), Dibyendu Adhikari and Asit Kumar Mal lead from their respective constituencies. BJP inches towards 6 seats as Tapan Kumar Ray and Arjun Singh take the lead in Barrackpore and Arambagh… Abhijit Mukherjee of the Congress is leading from Jangipur
- BJP sitting MP Babul Supriyo is leading in Asansol constituency in West Bengal. The Asansol Lok Sabha seat, where Trinamool Congress’s Moon Moon Sen squared off against incumbent MP Supriyo, is being closely watched.
- TMC now leading in nine seats in West Bengal, BJP is ahead in two.
- The Mamata Banerjee-led TMC is leading from one seat in West Bengal at 8.25 am.
- Trinamool Leads in 3 seat. Dev leads In Ghatal with 400 votes.
- Trinamool Candidate Apurba Sarkar leads from Baharampur
- Congress candidate from Malda Dakshin Abu Hasem Khan Chowdhury is leading
Kolkata: The EC will deploy 200 coys of Central Armed Police Forces(CAPF) in West Bengal in addition to the 82 companies present to ensure security at the counting centres and check any post-poll violence when the exercise is taken up. Trinamool Congress leadership has asked its workers in West Bengal to guard strongrooms in their respective areas, fearing that the BJP might try to smuggle out EVMs.