Kazan: A two-year-old is being tested for sexually transmitted infections after eating a wafer with a ‘used’ condom inside it.
Little Rayaz Khakimullin, from Kazan in central Russia’s Republic of Tatarstan, was munching on his favourite snack when his mother Guzel noticed there was something else in his mouth.
She ordered him to spit it out and to her horror, she discovered he was chewing on a condom, which she claims was used.
Guzel says the packet had not been tampered with before it was opened and called health inspectors.
She complained to the factory where the wafers were produced.
‘I am very concerned about my son’s health,’ Guzel said. ‘It is disheartening how a package of sweets can contain something like that.
‘This can happen to any other kid. I want to do as much as I can to prevent it.’
It is still unclear exactly how the foreign object got into a pack of wafers, but the family has demanded that the products be recalled because the rest of the condom could be in other packets.
Source: Daily Mail