New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing the nation through Mann Ki Baat programme. This is the 24th edition of the his monthly radio programme that is aired on All India Radio (AIR).
Here are the highlights of his speech:
- I pay my tribute to soldiers who lost their lives in Uri terror attack, the culprits won’t go unpunished.
- We trust our army.
- Today, I want to speak to the people of Kashmir. They have started to recognise elements who oppose our country
- They want their life to get back on track. Studies, trade should normalise. The process has started.
- The security of the people of Kashmir is the responsibility of the administration.
The administration has to take steps to maintain that.
- I appreciate the efforts by young Harshvardhan.
- He wrote to me after the attacks, said he was troubled by the attack. He said he will study three extra hours, become an ideal citizen and serve the nation.
- I value the anguish of our people, it is important to channelize it constructively.
- Such a similar thing happened during the Lal Bahadur Shastri.
- He then gave us the motto of ‘Jai Jawan Jai Kisan’
- And showed us the path to help in nation-building
- Several people wrote on @mygovindia and the ‘Narendra Modi App’ urging the Prime Minister to talk about Paralympics.
- Our athletes have performed their best this time and brought us four medals