Ukraine forces withdrawn from Debaltseve

0
91

Kiev: The Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko said his forces are making an organized withdrawal from the embattled town of Debaltseve. Ukraine President Petro Poroshenko has called for UN peacekeepers to be deployed to eastern Ukraine to enforce a ceasefire. At an emergency security meeting, Petro Poroshenko said such a force would help guarantee security in a situation where the promise of peace is not being kept.

Poroshenko’s comments came after Ukrainian troops withdrew from the strategic city of Debaltseve after intense fighting.The rebel advance on Debaltseve, which came in spite of the ceasefire agreed last week, has been widely condemned.The Ukraine President’s request was approved by Ukraine’s national security and defence council at the emergency meeting on February 19 night.Petro Poroshenko said 80% of Ukraine’s troops left on February 21 morning after several days of fierce fighting.

-----
Previous articleGreece wins eurozone bailout deal with strict conditions
Next articleTrain derails in Sealdah, sevices disrupted