Toddler survives after ingesting 29 stapler pins

0
83

Gangtok: A 10 month old baby who accidentally ingested 29 stapler pins was successfully removed through an operation at the Central Referral Hospital (CRH).

Prof Suvamoy Chakraborty, head of the Ear Nose Throat department and Head and Neck surgery department of CRH, who led the operation on Tuesday, said the baby had accidentally ingested 29 stapler pins which got stuck in her oral cavity.

An attempt by her family members to manually remove them precipitated the problem by lodging the set of pins in the nasopharynx, he said.
A team led by surgeon Suvamoy Chakroborty successfully performed the operation and the pins were removed.

-----
Previous articleCompensation matters more than conviction: Victims
Next articleFIAT Organizes Summer Check-Up Camps