- Domkal: TMC grabs their power in Domkal. TMC wins in 18 out of 21 wards, the first voting after the municipality was constituted, Congress 1
- Mirik: Mirik taken over by TMC. TMC shows its power in Mirik, takes over from Morcha (GJM). (TMC- 6, GJM-3)
- Pujali: TMC re-gains their power, wins, BJP scores good too. (TMC 12 BJP 2 Cong Other 1)
- Raiganj: TMC takes over from Congress. TMC wins in 24 out of 27 (TMC 24 Cong 2 BJP 1). This is the first time TMC won from Dipa Dasmunshi’s constituency. Mohit Sengupta from Congress has lost. Another Congress leader Pabitra Chanda has also lost.
- Darjeeling: GJM wins in 31 out of 32 wards, TMC for the first time grabs 1 seat.
- Kalingpong: GJM wins in 19 out of 23 wards, TMC gets 2.
- Kurseong: GJM wins in 17 out of 20 wards. (TMC 3, GJM 17)
- Kurseong: Morcha leads.
- Raiganj: TMC – 1,2,3,5,8,9,10,11,15,16,17,18,
INC – 4, 14
BJP – 6
- Pujali: Ward number 3, BJP candidate wins by 29 votes.
- TMC also leads in 6 wards in Mirik
- Domkal: TMC leads in 5 wards in Domkal – 4, 5 ,8 , 12 , 16
- BJP wins Pujali ward 3
- TMC takes early leads in plain municipalities
- TMC candidate Pushpa Majumder leads by 576 votes in ward number 7 (Raiganj).
- TMC leading in Raiganj municipilaty.
- TMC wins in 1 and 2, 5, 7, 8 wards in Raiganj, BJP wins in ward number 6, Congress wins in ward number 4.
- Number of wards to each civic bodies:
Darjeeling – 32 Kalingpong – 23 Kurseong – 20 Raiganj – 27 Domkol – 21 Pujali 16
- Congress has filed a petition at Calcutta HC praying for the suspension of results of three municipalities, Pujali Donkal and Raigunj.
- Advertisement -বাংলায় পড়তে হলে ক্লিক করুন Kolkata24x7
- The counting of votes casted in the 7 civic bodies begins.
Kolkata: Election to seven municipalities in West Bengal, including four in Darjeeling hills, was be on Sunday with opposition accusing Trinamool Congress of resorting to ‘strong arm tactics’ and demanding a free and fair poll.
The seven civic bodies which went to polls are, Darjeeling, Kurseong, Kalimpong, Mirik Notified Area Authority in the Hills besides Domkal in Murshidabad, Pujali in South 24-Parganas, and Raiganj in North Dinajpur.
Alleging widespread violence and booth-capturing by Trinamool Congress workers, all major opposition parties in West Bengal demanded to countermand of elections to seven municipal bodies. Representatives of Left parties and the Congress resorted to a road blockade and sit-in demonstration in front of the State Election Commission office here claiming that it had failed to conduct free and fair polls.