Titagarh Blast: State Withdraws Plea Against NIA Probe

0
219

Kolkata: In an interesting turn of the event the West Bengal government which has been vehemently opposing a NIA probe in the Titagarh blast so far, has withdrawn its plea against NIA probe from the Calcutta High Court on Friday.

The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has already filed chargesheet in the case. The agency has earlier claimed possible Jihadi connection in the blast. The state government on the other hand said that the blast is a mere outcome of gang war and no Jihadi link is there.

It is to be noted that, a blast rocked a up Krishnanagar-Sealdah local on May 12 as it was crossing Titagarh station. One person was killed in the blast.

 

-----
Previous articleSuspected HuJI Militants Arrested in Hyderabad
Next articleGirls are Our Pride, Says Mamata on Kanyashree Divas