Chandigarh: Three persons of a family, including a minor, were electrocuted after a live high-power electricity cable fell on their motorcycle in Siwani mandi area in Bhiwani on Sunday, police said.
Vivek (29) was riding on his motorcycle along with his 4-year-old son when the electricity cable fell on it killing them on the spot, they said.
On seeing the incident, Vivek’s father, Vijay Singh (61), tried to rescue them but he too got electrocuted, police said.
Alleging that the control room of the power department in the area did not respond to their repeated calls to switch off electricity flow in the line, the locals staged a protest by blocking the National Highway number 75 and closing down shops.
The bodies have been sent for post mortem and on the complaint of the victims’ family a case for negligence in duty has been registered against the staff of the local control room of the power department, police said.