Kolkata: With a massive influx of sugar laden drinks and cold-press juices, the importance of drinking ‘actual’ healthy drinks is fading away, somewhere. Before you walk out of your house to buy another crate of colas to chill you down in the heat, you may want to have another look at your terrace garden. There, you spot an aloe vera plant–rich in fibre and natural nutrients, aloe vera juice can be extracted within no time. Just wash the leaf, cut it into two slices and extract the pulp out in a glass jar.
A well-known herbal remedy for the skin, aloe vera juice has many benefits to its credit. It not only heals you internally but also helps in cleansing and repairing of the body.
Here are some of the health benefits of the humble aloe vera.
- Helps in shedding weight: Aloe vera juice helps in weight loss by increasing metabolic rate to burn more calories. When you drink aloe vera juice, your body can naturally cleanse its digestive system, leading to a healthy weight management.
- Gives you a healthy skin: Aloe vera juice can help repair your collagen and elastin, giving you a radiant skin. The nutritional building blocks present in aloe vera, makes your skin fight the process of ageing and it also helps in soothing minor skin irritations, cuts and burns.
- Boosts immunity: Aloe vera juice contains many antioxidants which fight the free radicals found in human bodies and it also increases the body’s metabolism.
- Promotes heart health: Drinking aloe vera juice could internally help you to improve blood circulation in the body. Aloe vera is known to decrease total fat levels in patients with high cholesterol. This further helps in reducing fatty deposits and blood clots in the arteries of the heart.
- Takes care of dental health: Aloe vera juice is known to be effective for your gums and mouth. It not only provides natural anti-microbial and anti-bacterial actions but it also contains several vitamins which promote cell healing and growth. It is a good source for healing mouth ulcers and bleeding gums.