- Police confirm 21 dead.
- Military says 4 attackers killed, gunfire over.
- Snipers killed 2 more terrorists on roof top,total Terrorist killed so far 4.All buildings&roof top taken over by Army.op continues.
- Army troops reached from Psr,cordoned area with terrorists inside.Ops begins, Air surveillance being done.
- Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) have claimed responsibility for the attack, said Pakistani media.
- Those who kill innocent students and civilians have no religion: Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Shari.
- Eight to 10 terrorists are still inside the school. Bacha Khan University attack: terrorists have been contained in a 2 block radius within the university, commandos at the spot: Pak Army
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has condemned the terror attack and expressed solidarity.
- Pakistan police say most of Bacha Khan University students rescued, but gunmen believed to be on second and third floors of campus: Reuters.
- According to a rescued student 60 to 70 students had been shot in the head by the attackers says Pakistan’s Dawn News.
- Journalists and all other non-essential personnel have been asked to stay back in order to not interfere with the ongoing security operation.
- Two attackers killed: DIG Saeed Wazir and 15 students have died so far, reported Dawn.
Update: The Pakistan Army’s Quick Response Force and KPK Elite Police Force enter the premises of Bacha Khan University. At least 3000 students are currently inside the University campus. Three to four explosions heard inside Bacha Khan University.
Fog hindering counter offensive, says security officials. Panic stricken parents are gathered outside Bacha Khan University in Pakistan. Evacuation is underway, says official.
Although no official reports of any casualty has been received so far, unverified sources said at least one professor and many students have succumbed to the terrorists bullets so far.
Islamabad: A university in Charsadda district of northwest Pakistan was attacked by a group of terrorists on Wednesday morning, the school’s vice chancellor said on Wednesday.
The Geo News channel reported that two security guards were killed in the firing. There was no official word on casualties.
“Police told me that firing is continuing on the campus,” said Fazal Raheem Marwat, vice chancellor at the Bacha Khan university in Charsadda, roughly 50 km from Peshawar. “At the moment I have no details about the casualties from the attack.”
In December 2014, Taliban terrorists stormed an army public school in Peshawar and gunned down over 130 students.