Tent Catches Fire In Gangasagar Mela, 1 Injured

0
805

Kolkata: One pilgrim was injured when a tent caught fire at Gangasagar where over nine lakh people took a holy dip on the occasion of Makar Sankranti on Saturday.

Superintendent of Police of South 24 Parganas district, Sunil Chowdhury, said the man, a relative of policeman on duty, was injured as his hands were burnt in the fire. He was admitted to a hospital .

- Advertisement -বাংলায় পড়তে হলে ক্লিক করুন Kolkata24x7

Four fire tenders controlled the fire in half an hour, he said, adding everything kept inside the tent, which was located beside the police control room, was destroyed.

The reason behind the fire was yet to be ascertained.

 

 

---
---