- Player of the match Dwayne Smith
- GL 192/4 (19.4 Ovs) CRR: 9.76
- T Natarajan to Karthik, FOUR, between extra cover and long off.
- Gujarat Lions need 2 runs in 4 balls.
Sandeep Sharma to Finch, out Caught by Saha, Finch 2(2)
- Gujarat Lions need 28 runs in 17 balls.
- Sandeep Sharma to Raina, out Caught by Gurkeerat Singh, Raina 39(25).
- GL 158/2 (16.0 Ovs) CRR: 9.88 REQ: 8
Gujarat Lions need 32 runs in 24 balls.
- Mohit Sharma to Raina, SIX, to long on.
- Gujarat Lions need 60 runs in 43 balls.
- GL 120/2 (11.2 Ovs) CRR: 10.59 REQ: 8.08
- Maxwell to Dwayne Smith, out Caught by Guptill, Dwayne Smith 74(39).
- GL 58/0 (6.0 Ovs) CRR: 9.67 REQ: 9.43
Mohit Sharma to Dwayne Smith, FOUR
- GL 43/0 (4.5 Ovs) CRR: 8.9 REQ: 9.69
- GL 7/0 (1.0 Ovs) CRR: 7 REQ: 9.63.
- KXIP 189/3 (20.0 Ovs) CRR: 9.45
- Basil Thampi to Amla, SIX, second hundred this season.
- KXIP 175/2 (19.0 Ovs) CRR: 9.21
- Sangwan to Maxwell, SIX, between midwicket and long on.
- KXIP 150/2 (17.0 Ovs) CRR: 8.82
Basil Thampi to Amla, FOUR, to square third man.
- Basil Thampi to Amla, SIX, to deep mid wicket.
D Kulkarni to Amla, SIX, straight down the ground.
- KXIP 127/2 (15.4 Ovs) CRR: 8.11
D Kulkarni to Shaun Marsh, out Caught by Finch, Shaun Marsh 58(43).
- Basil Thampi to Shaun Marsh, FOUR, square of the wicket.
- KXIP 114/1 (14.0 Ovs) CRR: 8.14
- KXIP 109/1 (13.0 Ovs) CRR: 8.38
- Ankit Soni to Amla, SIX, to long off.
- Ankit Soni to Amla, 1 run, fifty for Hash.
- KXIP 82/1 (10.1 Ovs) CRR: 8.07
- Faulkner to Shaun Marsh, FOUR.
- Jadeja to Shaun Marsh, FOUR, to backward square leg.
- KXIP 54/1 (7.0 Ovs) CRR: 7.71
- KXIP 44/1 (6.0 Ovs) CRR: 7.33
- Faulkner to Amla, SIX, to long off.
- KXIP score 13/1 runs after 3 overs.
- Sangwan to Amla, FOUR, to sweeper cover.
- Sangwan to Amla, FOUR, to deep mid wicket.
- Guptill c Basil Thampi b Sangwan 2(5).
- Kings XI Punjab (Playing XI): Hashim Amla, Martin Guptill, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell(c), Wriddhiman Saha(w), Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Axar Patel, Mohit Sharma, Varun Aaron, Sandeep Sharma, T Natarajan
- Gujarat Lions (Playing XI): Dwayne Smith, Ishan Kishan, Suresh Raina(c), Dinesh Karthik(w), Aaron Finch, Ravindra Jadeja, James Faulkner, Dhawal Kulkarni, Pradeep Sangwan, Basil Thampi, Ankit Soni
- Gujarat Lions Wins Toss & Opts To Bowl.
Mohali: On a roll with back-to-back wins, a resurgent Kings XI Punjab will look to go all guns blazing against down and out Gujarat Lions here on Sunday to keep their IPL play-off hopes alive. After registering a comprehensive ten-wicket win on their home turf here a week back against Delhi Daredevils, KXIP pulled off another win against bottom-placed Royal Challengers Bangalore in Bengaluru last night. Punjab had bundled out Daredevils for 67 the other night, while they defended a modest 138-7 by dismissing RCB for 119 to register a 19-run win last night.
It was all-rounder Axar Patel who first smashed a 17-ball 38 and then followed it up with 3/11, to dash the hopes of Virat Kohli led side. In the eight-team competition, Punjab are placed at number five spot with five wins and ten points from 10 games, while Gujarat Lions have just three wins from 11 games with six points.