New Delhi: A tragic incident happened on Monday. Smoking kills and sometime it kills directly. A 72-year-old property dealer Jaichand Bidhuri was charred to death after his clothes caught fire when he was smoking on Monday.
The incident was reported from southeast Delhi’s Tughlakabad. When smoke began emanating from the room, his family members rushed to see what was the matter but the door was locked, according to the police sources.
Bidhuri’s wife told police that she had handed him some beedis and matches before the incident and he was alone on the ground floor of the house. By the time the door was broken, Bidhuri had sustained severe burn injuries, police said.
Pouring water was of no help as doctors at a nearby hospital declared him brought dead, they added. Man dies as his clothes catch fire while smoking. Police suspect his clothes caught fire while he was smoking.