Suri: The copy of the verdict in the murder case of SI Amit Chakraborty of Dubarajpur has been handed over to the CID. The CID officers are seeing how were the accused acquitted of all charges. All documents relating to this case has been handed over to the agency.
According to sources, the state government has decided to move higher court to find negligence in the case. The CID summoned 3 police officials along with the investigating officerson November 22 to discuss on the negligence in the case.
18 of those accused in the murder case of SI Amit Chakraborty of Dubarajpur were acquitted by the court due to lack of evidence. The court rebuked telling that the investigation did not go in the right way.
In 2014, SI Amit Chakraborty died in a bomb blast while trying to settle problems in the 100 days work. The SM Amit Chakravarty died in a bomb blast in 100 days of work. The judge of the Suri additional district sessions court Someshchandra Pal said, “The investigation into this case was done negligibly. The investigation was not done rightly. The accused are being acquitted.”
After hearing the verdict, Amit’s wife Putul Chakraborty broke down in the court. She accused that her husband’s colleagues never wanted that the accused should be punished. Hence, this is how the accused were acquitted. Government’s lawyer Tapan Goswami said, the judge gave the right decision based on the witness given by the police.
Amit Chakraborty died while trying to solve political rivalry. On June 4 2014, while trying to stop problems between two villages, he lost his life. Before entering the village, while he got down from his car, bombs were hurled at him. The bomb hit the SI in his stomach. Struggling for life for 51 days, he breathed his last.
OC of Dubarajpur Tridib Pramanick, to maintain political balance in the area, submitted complaint against 48 people from both the TMC and CPM parties. The list included the names of three people including CPM district committee member Sheikh Maktul.
On the other hand, four people including TMC president of the area and Deputy Chairman of Dubrajpur Panchayat Samity Sheikh Alam got involved in this incident. A chargesheet by the police was submitted in the name of 50 people. However, only 21 of them were arrested and 29 were absconding as per the police.
All those 21 arrested people were acquitted and 18 out of 20 witnesses were police officers. The OC alleged that his colleague Ranjit Bauri is the incident’s investigating officer. But none could identify any of the convicts during the trial.
Amit Chakraorty’s wife has raised questions on this several times. She said, “This was the situation when my husband was in good health. Many wanted him to die. I wanted that atleast the culprits should be punished. But from the beginning itself, the case was going on as per political ways.”
In 2016, out of 50 accused, appeal for removing 36 names were filed by the then government’s lawyer Ranajit Ganguly. He claimed that the government was no more interested in carrying on any case against them. After this, Putul Chakraborty requested for the change of the lawyer, to the district magistrate. Since then, Tapan Goswami is looking after the case.
But during the trial, the police landed in controversy several times because in the list of witnesses, deceased Amit Chakraborty’s name was there. The oppositions raised the allegation that there was no carbon copy of the chargesheet. However, it is yet to be decided whether this verdict will be challenged in the High Court.
Government lawyer Malay Mukherjee said that after getting the copy of the verdict in the next 2-3 days, the decision will be taken whether they will go to higher court against the verdict.