- 1st- 15th August TMC will campaign “Desh Bachao”
- TMC to hold rally on 28th July in Midnapore, same place where BJP held their rally last week.
- BJP pays money to gather crowd: Mamata
- TMC Will Win 2019 LS Polls, Challenges Mamata.
- Last 21st July TMC Shahid diwas before Lok Sabha election.
- We cannot afford money like BJP to bring out TMC workers.
- Mamata reaches the dais to deliver her speech.
- Singer Nachiketa Chakraborthy welcomes Didi with a Bengali song “Prithibi abaar shanto hobe”.
- CM Mamata Proceeds Towards The Dais
- The TMC volunteer badges for today
- Advertisement -বাংলায় পড়তে হলে ক্লিক করুন Kolkata24x7
— AITC (@AITCofficial) July 21, 2018
- TMC Youth leader says, “Duhazar unish ,BJP finish” which means 2019 will be end for BJP.
- TMC Leader Subhendu Adhikary addresses the crowd, says “BJP Hatao”.
- CM Mamata to address from this podium. Pic courtesy: AITC/Twitter
- Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s convoy leaves her residence Kalighat for Dharmatala.
- Education Minister Partha Chatterjee begins the much awaited event, he addresses the crowd, recalls 21st July sacrifices of the Martyrs.
- CM Mamata Banerjee on Saturday morning take on to twitter and welcomes all TMC supporter to join her at Dharmatala on 2Ist July,Shahid Dibas.
— Mamata Banerjee (@MamataOfficial) July 21, 2018
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress Yuva Morcha will hold Shahid Divas rally on Saturday at Esplanade. Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee will preside over the event. Reports suggest over 10 lakh people would be participating in the rally.
July 21, 1993, was a day that shook the pillars of democracy in Bengal 18-years ago, when the then Calcutta Police, under Left Front Government mercilessly opened fire and killed 13 innocent activists.
Political analysts say Banerjee would use to platform to launch her campaign for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. Kolkata Police has chalked out elaborate security arrangements. A total of 6,000 police personnel would be deployed and 40 police pickets have been put in place. Five watch towers have also been set up for round-the-clock monitoring of the crowd and over a 100 CCTV cameras have been installed at various spots. Three Quick Response Teams (QRT), Heavy Radio Flying Squads (HRFS) and four teams of Reserve Force from Kolkata Police will be roaming around the city.
The roads to avoid on Saturday are Dorina Crossing, Rani Rash Moni Avenue, SN Banerjee Road, Chowringhee Road, JL Nehru Road, Park Street, Central Avenue, Hastings, Queens Way, Babu Ghat and Lenin Sarani.
In Metro trains, as many as 350 Railway Protection Force personnel, including commandos, would be deployed at different stations to avoid any untoward incident amid the rush. An additional 104 security personnel will be posted at 14 Metro stations. The arrangement will be monitored by Kolkata Metro’s assistant security commissioner from the security control room at Metro Rail Bhavan.