Some news which might not have made it to the headlines, but were lauded by the people for being distinct. Moving over the everyday dose of everyday politics and world affairs, we bring to you some news of the past years which were ‘out of the box.’
- Born to Fight, Trained to Kill, Prepared to Die but Never Will- the Indian Army is now the best in the world. Adding more super power to its armour, Akash Missile was inducted into the Indian Army. The indigenous system has the potential to prevent aerial threats from enemy’s fighter planes, helicopters, drones and unmanned aerial vehicles up to a maximum range of 25 km.
- The game that changed India: When barefooted Bengali boys took on the Raj’s most elite players. Yes, this is our Mohun Bagan. Mohun Bagan wiped away the Aizwal team with their brilliance at the Federation Cup finals in 2016 and got grand welcome by Calcuttans.
- Advertisement -বাংলায় পড়তে হলে ক্লিক করুন Kolkata24x7
- A tear-jerking image of the three year old infant Aylan Kurdi along Turkish beach captured the world’s attention on September 2015. While most were moved by the touching picture taken by a Turkish photographer, other highlighted the plights of the Syrian refugees. The lifeless face was etched in minds for long.
- Unlike the old times, the entertainment section holds an immense audacity in the media outlets. The 3 Khans are still reighning their top positions. But in 2015 our ‘Bajrangi’ Salman won our hearts with Bhaijaan’s highest grossing movie of 2015. Salman, the ‘Prem’ of Bolly’s romantic flicks, surpassed all his previous performances with the one in ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’. The movie even entered the list of top 10 highest grossers in the opening weekend in that year. The movie even took the third slot by collecting Rs. 102.60 crore in its opening weekend itself.
- The former Prime Minister of India, Atal Behari Vajpayee was conferred and honoured with the Bharat Ratna by President Pranab Mukherjee on 27th March 2015. It holds importance because not only did he get the award but it was presented by President Pranab Mukherjee. The event was attended by PM Modi and VP Hamid Ansari.
- President Pranab Mukherjee for Lok Sabha membership elected two members George Baker and Richard Hay from Anglo-Indian community on July 23, 2015. George Baker is an actor who has appeared in many Bengali and Assamese movies since the late 1970s, joined BJP in 2014, contested and lost the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.