Salman Apologizes For Defending Yakub Memon

0
281

Mumbai: After sparking a row by defending Mumbai blast accused Yakub Memon, Salman Khan has finally apologized for his remarks on Sunday. Salman tweeted saying that he retracted his comments and never wanted to disrespect the judiciary.

Although the actor retracted his comments he still said that Tiger Memon should also be hanged for the blast which claimed hundreds of innocent lives. The actor said, “My dad called & said I should retract my tweets as they have the potential to create misunderstanding. I here by retract them.”

Bollywood Actor Salman Khan had earlier came out in the defence of 1993 Mumbai blast convict Yakub memon who has been sentenced to death in a series of tweets. He argued that the wrong man is being hung for the crimes committed by Tiger Memon. In his tweet Salman wrote, “Get tiger hang him. Parade him, not his brother.”

The Mumbai blasts were mastered by Tiger Memon along with along with Dawood Ibrahim and both of them have fled Mumbai since then. 11 people were convicted among whom only Yakub was sentenced with death.

Yakub was found guilty in of plotting and executing the serial blasts, distributing arms and ammunition to other accused and funding terror activities. After his arrest from Kathmandu in 1994, Memon had spent over two decades in jail and has repeatedly insisted that he was unaware of the conspiracy.

On the other hand, Salim Khan, Father of Salman Khan said, “Whatever Salman has written is ridiculous and meaningless. Salman is ignorant of the issue and people should not take him seriously.”

---
---