- Three more bodies have been recovered from under the debris, taking the death toll to 26.
- A potion of Rabindra Sarani has been opened but traffic snarl is also reported.
- Jadavpur University students holds a protest march at Hazra More over the flyover collapse. CM Mamata Banerjee must take responsibility for the accident, they said.
- One more IVRCL official reportedly arested from Burdwan.
- Death toll now reaches 26: O P Singh, NDRF DG to ANI
- Rahul Gandhi will address three poll rallies in Asansol, Bankura and Durgapur and will leave for Delhi later the day.
- Rescue ops in in full swing but the rescuers are not yet able to remove the huge steel beam as they fear the a section of flyover might come down.
- I have briefed Rahul Gandhi about the role of a Trinamool leader in the construction work, saidCongress leader Deepa Dasmunshi.
- Rahul leaves Kolkata Medical College.
- Won’t talk of politics here. I am here to meet the victims: Rahul Gandhi
- Its a tragedy and I believe at such times one must give whatever support they can: Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi meets flyover accident victims at kolkata medical college and Hospital, assures all possible help.
- Congress VP Rahul Gandhi reaches Kolkata Medical College and hospital will meet the victims of flyover crash. 9 injured are undergoing treatment at The Medical College, 1 is reportedly in critical condition.
- Rahul gandhi leaves for Kolkata Medical College, will meet the flyover crash victims
- The Congress VP is talking to NDRF personnel and taking stock of the situation.
- Rahul Gandhi arrives at the Flyover Collapse Site. State Congress leader Adhir Chowdhury is also present at the site.
- Security has been tightened around Kolkata airport and the accident site. Strict ID checks of journalists is also going on. Rahul Gandhi is expected to visit the site shortly from there he will go to Kolkata Medical College.
- Rescue operation has resumed as NDRF and disaster management teams of Kolkata police are searching for more bodies.
- 3 IVRCL officials have been arrested on Friday and murder charges slapped on them. Two KMDA engineers have also been suspended.
- As foul stench engulfs the crash site rescue teams fearing more bodies could be under the debris.
- The death toll in the Vivekananda flyover crash has reached 25, with the recovery of another body today.
- The Congress VP will meet the relatives of flyover crash victims and will also visit the injured in hospital.
- Security tightened in Kolkata and around the flyover collapse site in the wake of Rahul Gandhi’s visit.
- Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi arrives at Kolkata airport.
Kolkata: The rescue operation at the Posta flyover crash site has been temporarily halted on Saturday. The Army and NDRF have confirmed that there is no possibility of any survivor. However, the rescue teams have said some bodies may still be lying under the debris.
On the other hand the death toll in the incident has reached 25 as rescue teams recovered the body of the truck helper stuck under debris.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi is expected to visit the accident site today. He will also meet the victims at hospital, said reports. A Special Protection group (SPG) is inspecting the safety measures at the collapse site.
Meanwhile, three IVRCL officials were arrested on Friday and murder charges have been slapped on them. The state government also suspended two KMDA engineers including chief engineers in connection to the collapse.
A large section of the Vivekananda flyover in Burrabazaar area of Kolkata crumbled down on Thursday killing 25 people and injuring many.