- Minister of State (Home) Kiren Rijiju to visit Manipur to review situation after the earthquake. (Last Update 11:10 AM)
A 4-storey building collapses at Deulaland, Imphal, Assam Rifles at the spot.
- The Cabinet Secretary Shri P. K. Sinha is chairing the National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) meeting at 10.00 AM today to assess the situation and provide all necessary help from Government of India after Manipur earthquake.
- Fresh tremor measuring 3.6 on richter scale in Manipur at 9:30am.
- 2 NDRF teams from Guwahati being airlifted to Manipur. More teams in Delhi, Chandigarh & Guwahati asked to be on standby.
- At least eight persons were killed and 100 injured.
- At least four killed in 6.7 magnitude earthquake in northeast.
- Spoke to Arunachal Pradesh CM Shri Nabam Tuki on the situation arising in the wake of the earthquake: PM
- NDRF team instructed to move from Guwahati to the areas affected: PM Modi
- One person has reportedly been killed in Dhaka while many sustained severe injuries. The injured have been rushed to Dhaka Medical College.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi Tweeted, “Spoke to Rajnath ji, who is in Assam, on the situation arising due to the earthquake & asked him to oversee the situation.”
“Had a telephone conversation with Assam CM Shri Tarun Gogoi on the earthquake in the state & the region.” PM tweeted further.
Guwahati: A major earth quake measuring 6.7 on the Richter scale jolted North Eastern India on the wee hours of Tuesday around 4:35 am. The quake reportedly originated in Manipur’s Tamenglong district under 17 km of the surface.
Shocks also jolted Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Jharkhand, Tripura and Odisha. The quake also ht Bangladesh.
Although no immediate reports of casualtirs have been reported yet, panicked people rushed out of their homes.