- Sad at train derailment in UP; my thoughts are with deceased & their families. Injured are being rescued & provided relief: President Kovind
- sureshpprabhu announces Rs 3.5 lakh compensation for families of dead
- Driver applied sudden breaks due to repair works on tracks causing accident.
- Death toll reaches 23, 65 confirmed injured.
- Odisha CM announces ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh for the kin of deceased from the state and Rs 50 thousand for injured.
- ADG (Meerut)Prashant Kumar said no. of injured yet to be ascertained. Eyewitnesses say at least 20 injured.
- 34 people injured in Utkal Express accident: Reports
- Uttar Pradesh ATS team rushed to Utkal Express accident site at Khatauli in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: Six coaches of Puri-Haridwar-Kalinga Utkal Express derails in Muzaffarnagar’s Khatauli in Uttar Pradesh. Dozen feared dead, 250 passengers were on board.
Six coaches of the Puri-Haridwar-Kalinga Utkal Express derailed in Muzaffarnagar’s Khatauli on Saturday, according to news agency ANI.
According to reports, at least a dozen people were injured in the accident and have been rushed to a local hospital. The rescue operations are under way.
The local district administration officials have rushed to the derailment site. The derailment is likely to affect train movements on the busy Northern Railway route.