The Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu while presenting the Railway Budget 2015-16 in Parliament today has said that there are nine thrust areas in this Budget which are as follows:
- Indian Railways to become prime mover of economy once again
- Resource Mobilization for higher Investments
- Decongestion of heavy haul routes and speeding up of trains: emphasis on gauge conversion, doubling, tripling and electrification
- Project delivery
- Passenger Amenities.
- Transparency & System Improvement.
- Railways to continue to be the preferred mode of transport for the masses.