New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on Sunday in the 41st edition of his monthly radio address, Mann Ki Baat.
Here are the key quotes from his address:
* My best wishes to the people of India on the occasion of Holi. May the festival bring colourful happiness in the life of the countrymen
* Despite being a big tourist destination, 3 villages in Elephanta Island got electricity after 70 years. After spending 70 years in darkness, three villages of Elephanta islands finally got electricity connections. I congratulate the administration & people for this
* We hear of music festivals, food festivals & film festivals but in a unique move Chhattisgarh celebrated ‘Trash Mahotsav’. the objective behind it was to utilise waste creatively & to spread awareness about ways to reuse garbage
* In this budget, emphasis was laid on ‘waste to wealth’ & ‘waste to energy’ through bio-gas for villages under ‘Swacch Bharat’ initiative called ‘GOBAR-Dhan’ (Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources) has been rolled out
* On March 8, ‘International Women’s Day’ is celebrated. On this day, women are also felicitated with ‘Women Power Award’ for doing exemplary work in different areas.
* It’s our responsibility to ensure equal participation of women in every field. Women in India have made themselves self-reliant. They have done the work to take the country forward to a new level. After all, this is our dream of ‘New India’.
* My request is that the municipal corporation, the municipalities that have fire brigades should go to different schools either once a week or once in a month and conduct mock drills in front of the children of the school.
*There is a need to become a risk-conscious society & imbibe values of safety. Most of the accidents barring national disasters in some way or the other occur due to our negligence. If we remain vigilant & follow rules then we can avoid such situations.
* Science and Technology is value neutral. Technology must be used only for welfare of humankind
* I urge the scientists to find ways in which we can enhance lives of our ‘divyang’ brothers & sisters through artificial intelligence. Also, can we make use of Artificial intelligence in early detection of natural calamities?
* From Sir Jagdish Chandra Bose and Hargovind Khurana to Satyendra Nath Bose, India has a legacy of great scientists. On one hand, there are great mathematicians like Baudhayana, Bhaskara & Aryabhatta. On the other hand, great such as Sushruta and Charaka in the field of medicine are our pride.
* We celebrate ‘#NationalScienceDay’ every year on 28th February because it is said that on this day they had searched for the incident of light scattering, says PM Modi in his address to the nation
Recently, Congress President Rahul Gandhi had launched an attack against PM Modi, labelling his programme aired on All India Radio a monologue and said the country wants to hear him speak on billionaire diamond jeweller Nirav Modi and the Rafale “scam”.
The Congress chief has targeted the prime minister over his silence on the multi-crore bank scam involving jeweller Nirav Modi, alleging that he has fled the country after protection from the “powers that be”. Gandhi has also been attacking the government on the Rafale aircraft deal.
In response to the prime minister’s suggestion for ideas for his upcoming ‘Mann ki Baat’ programme, Gandhi had urged him to tell the country about India’s plans on stopping rapes, getting the Chinese out of Doklam and jobs for the youth.