Update: The 12 agreements signed between India and Iran are
1. India-Iran cultural exchange programme
2. Policy dialogue between governments and interaction between think tanks
3. Enhancing cooperation for training of diplomats and exchange of eminent speakers
4. Cooperation in the fields of science and technology
5. Institutional mechanisms for cooperation to promote cultural exchange
6. Bilateral contract on Chanahar Port for port development and operations
7. MoU on current specific terms for the Chabahar Port project
8. Confirmation statement for extending credit of INR 3,000 crore for the import of steel, rails and implementation of Chabahar port
9. Framework of cooperation supporting and encouraging foreign trade and foreign investment
10. MoU facilitating possibility of joint exploration manufacturing aluminium metal
11. MoU to provide requisite services for the construction of Chabahar-Zahedan railway line
12. MoU for cooperation facilitating exchange of information and knowledge in the field of archival matters
Tehran: Prime Minister Narendra Modi accorded ceremonial reception in Tehran; PM holds bilateral meeting with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani; India, Iran and Afghanistan to sign trilateral pact on Chabahar port later in the day.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was today accorded with a ceremonial reception in Tehran. The PM, who is on a two-day visit to Iran held a wide ranging discussions with President Hassan Rouhani.
India, Iran and Afghanistan will sign trilateral pact to complete the first phase of Chabahar port which will give India direct access to Afghanistan and Central Asia.
PM Modi will also call on Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatolllah Ali Khamenei later in the day.
Earlier yesterday, the PM began his first official visit to Iran, with a trip to Guruduwara. The PM also interacted with school students.
The trilateral agreement on connectivity of India with landlocked Afghanistan through the Iranian port of Chabahar to be signed in the presence of PM Narendra Modi, Iran President Hassan Rouhani and Afghan President Mohammad Ashraf Ghani.
PM Narendra Modi and Iran President Hassan Rouhani to jointly address press later today, highlighting the developments.