- Advertisement -
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing a rally after laying the foundation stone for Delhi-Meerut Expressway. Below are the highlights:
- This highway will show the path to combat pollution. Speed of development is not going to stop.
- Even a person from a village understands that if he wants to be connected with development, he needs to connect his village with good roads
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee initiated projects to bring about changes in life of rural India by increasing connectivity between villages.
- Atal Bihari was responsible for 2 great things-
1) Plan for putting India on the map, shoulder to shoulder with other nations: Swarnim-Chaturbhuj express highway.
2) Vajpayee wanted to India’s potential fully realized, for villages to be on the same plane of comparison, For this he launched Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna.
- To provide connectivity to villages, he started Golden Quadrilateral Highway. Atal Bihari Vajpayee wanted to see India at a global level.
- When one city is connected to nearby small cities in 100 kilometre radius, the smaller villages in that radius develop along with the city they border.
- This will be a hub of development with all towns in this range. Satellite townships will be developed. Meerut, Dehra Dun will become more developed.
- This is not just an expressway, it is the road of development.
- 7,500 crore worth project like this is bound to bring in more employment. Small time tea sellers, dhaba owners will benefit immensely from this.
- Machine and materials don’t cost as much as labour. When employment opportunities increase, the purchasing power of the villagers increases. When that happens, Indian economy touches new heights.
- All our schemes are aimed at helping the poor.
- This highway will benefit sugarcane farmers in the area. More people on the highway means more business for them.
- Tomorrow is 1st Jan. I wish you a happy new year. We are going to give a unique gift to the youth of this country. Govt has decided that third and fourth category govt jobs will not require interviews from January 1, 2016.
- Request all political parties to let the elected government, that was put in power by the people at large. I request them to let us work, let us debate freely in Parliament.
- I may not be allowed to speak in Lok Sabha but I am telling in Jan Sabha that we have been sent to Parliament to debate and discuss and to decide after discussion.
- We should give priority to the work that we are expected to do.
- Those who have ruled for 60 years have a greater responsibility. They should not allow their political interest to come in the way of national development.
- Tomorrow is the new year. When you celebrate, take a pledge not to stop Parliament from functioning.