In order to transform the country into a digitally empowered knowledge economy, PM Narendra Modi formally launched the Digital India Week on Wednesday in New Delhi.The event is attended by a number of prominent industry leaders from across the world.The government is expecting investments to the tune of billions of dollars during the Digital India week.The estimated impact of Digital India by 2019 would be cross cutting, ranging from broadband connectivity in all Panchayats, Wi-fi in schools and universities, and public Wi-Fi hotspots.The programme will generate huge number of IT, Telecom and Electronics jobs, both directly and indirectly. The success of this programme will make India digitally empowered and the leader in usage of IT in delivery of services related to various domains such as health, education, agriculture, banking, etc.
The initiative is an umbrella programme designed to integrate government departments and the services they provide to citizens across the country using the Internet. It also includes a plan to connect rural India with high-speed Internet networks.
Highlights of the launch:
- I congratulate PM for setting up DigitalIndia to provide governance in real time and digitally empowering citizens: Cyrus Mistry
- Digital India will create a knowledgeable society: Mistry
- The Government of India’s DigitalIndia programme has been received overwhelmingly & with enthusiasm by industry: Tata group Chairman Cyrus Mistry
- I believe DigitalIndia India will be a huge success. It empowers youth to fulfil their aspirations:Ambani
- This is a momentous occasion in the history of modern India.Digitisation is changing how we live, work: Mukesh Amban
- Normally it is industry moves faster; but with DigitalIndia, the Govt has moved faster: Mukesh Ambani
- Transparent, accountable, citizen-friendly – that’s what Digital India is all about
- E health scheme launched
- Digital India portal and mobile app launched
- PM launches Digital locker scheme
- E-education scheme launched
- “Digital India” will bring about a great change,let me appeal all, to make this great mission a great success: Ravi Shankar Prasad