- NIA to register case in the Pathankot terror strike tomorrow.
- PM Modi to chair a high level meeting with the NSA, Foreign Secretary & other officials ঢ়athankot Terror Attack
- Martyr Gursewak Singh’s father proud that his son laid down his life for India, says ‘Bhagat Singh was his icon’
- Fresh explosions followed by intermittent firing erupt at Pathankot Air Force base
- Operation is on. We are sure that all terrorists will be dead: HM
- One DSC jawan who worked in the kitchen, engaged & killed one of the terrorists with terrorist’s own weapon: Dhamoon, AOC Pathankot Air Base
- Sanitisation operations continue at Indian Air Force base in Pathankot: JS Dhamoon, AOC Pathankot Air Force Station
- Series of loud explosions heard from inside the base. BSF deployed one more battalion in Gurdaspur border.
- SWAT, BSF troops to be deployed as 2nd line of defense in Pathankot: Sukhbir Badal.
- Haryana Govt announces Rs 20 lakh compensation to family of Garud Commando Gursewak Singh who lost his life in Pathankot terrorist attack
- Gunbattle on in Pathankot, terrorists continue to fire. Another explosion also heard.
- Operation still on, engagement on & operation will continue till Air base is cleared of any intruders,terrorists: JS Dhamoon AOC Pathankot Air Force Station
- Operation is at a mature stage but confirmation on number of casualties only after we recover bodies: Air Marshal Anil Khosla
- We don’t want to cover on tactical aspects because the operations are still on: Air Marshal Khosla.
- Air Marshal Khosla: terrorists were stopped from going near technical base
- Combing operation still on inside Pathankot Air Force base: Union Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi
- Terrorists were contained from going towards sensitive installations inside the Pathankot base: Air Marshal A Khosla.
- Have been able to ensure that there has been no damage to assets of the Air Force: Home Secretary
- Air Force lost six personnel and NSG lost Lt Niranjan: Union Home Secy Rajiv Mehrishi.
- 6 terrorists neutralised inside Pathankot airbase: Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi.
- By yesterday’s evening, four of the terrorists had been neutralised-Union Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi
- Terrorists were located on the morning of January 2 by means of air surveillance and were immediately engaged: Home secretary Rajiv Mehrishi
- 4 terrorists in Army uniform kidnapped SP of Gurdaspur, SP was released later on, suffered minor injuries: Home Secy
- Intelligence, Air Force was alerted after attack on Superintendent of Police: Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi
- Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi briefs media on Pathankot Terror Attack on the Indian Air Force Base.
- Thick smoke rising above Air-Force station where anti-terror operation is taking place.
- Another militant killed in Pathankot air base, home ministry source says, bringing total eliminated to six
- Fresh anti-Pakistan protest in Pathankot following terror.
- EAM Swaraj met few former Foreign Secys’ and Indian HCs to Islamabad for diplomatic consultations on Pak Strategy. Participants include S.K. Lambah,G. Parthasarathy, Shyam Saran, Shiv Shankar Menon, Satyabrata Pal, Sharat Sabharwal, Dr. T.C.A. Raghavan.
- ‘If not for intelligence reports, Pathankot attack could have been more severe’: Home Minister Rajnath Singh
- Centre should increase security along the border in Punjab: Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal
- Sources revealed that Pakistan army is supporting and directing he terrorists.
- Firing from two sides off a particular building leading to assumption that two terrorists have survive.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar briefs Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Pathankot counter operations
- Our search operation is still on, we had doubt since beginning that there may be more terrorists: DIG (Border) Vijay Pratap
- Delhi Police has also sought & got additional companies of central paramilitary force to guard the vital installations.
At least two terrorists are still inside the Air Force Base, Kunwar Vijay Partap Singh, DIG/Border range told CNN-IBN adding that it was still unclear how many terrorists are still inside.
- Casspir mine resistant vehicles and BMP-2 Armoured Personnel carriers were used to insert soldiers to the area of operations.
- Forces gunned down fifth terrorist. Search one for others.
- Prompt ground action ensured that the terrorists could not hit the Indian Air Force’s MiG 21 Bison fighters or Mi-35 choppers on the ground.
- Intelligence sources reported that two terrorists are likely hiding inside the base. Attempt is on to catch them alive.
- Delhi on high alert after terror attack on Indian Air force base in Pathankot.
- India won’t call off peace talks yet, will follow the policy of wait and watch.
- As fresh reports are pouring in, 10 jawans have reportedly been martyred.
Search operations resume, helicopters seen flying over Air Force Base.
Security personnel have begun extensive combing operations in Akalgarh village and the adjoining areas. Police officials have sealed all approach routes to the village and attack helicopters are flying low over the area.
Pathankot: Fresh gunshots were heard inside the air force base in Pathankot on Sunday morning indicating the possibility of more terrorists still hiding in the base, while three National Security Guard (NSG) jawans were injured after an IED planted by the militants went off during combing operation.
Reports say 7 security personnel have been martyred while fighting the militants. 18 injured security men have been admitted to a hospital in Pathankot. Out of the total security men who were killed in the fierce gunbattle, 6 were from Defence Service Corps, 2 from Indian Air Force, 2 from Air Force’s elite commando unit – Garud. Sources said there could be more fatalities.
Meanwhile, combing operation in and around the Pathankot air base is still on as security forces believe that one terrorist could still be hiding inside.
At about 9.00 am today, grenade blasts were heard inside the air base. Sources said explosives recovered from slain terrorists were being defused.
National Investigation Agency’s 12-member team led by IG SK Singh has arrived in Pathankot to probe the brazen terror attack. Intelligence agencies said the pre-dawn attack was hatched by Pakistan’s intelligence agency – Inter Service Intelligence (ISI) and carried out by banned terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM).
“The terrorists were from Pakistan and their identities have been proven beyond doubt, they were speaking in distinct Pakistani dialect. We have established the identity of the handlers of the killed terrorists. We have confirmed that no Kashmiri or local Punjabi’s from India were involved in the attack in any way. This attack was masterminded in Rawalpindi,” a top intelligence source said.