New Delhi: The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has introduced new rules of booking Tatkal tickets. Tatkal tickets are the last moment tickets usually booked by those who want to travel on an urgent basis.
Keeping in mind the requirement of the travellers, the Indian Railways has made provision for online booking of Tatkal tickets so that people can travel even to their destination during the peak travel season.
IRCTC’s Tatkal ticket booking new rules:
1. AC Tatkal tickets booking will start from 10 am and non-AC ticket booking to begin at 11 am. You have to book the ticket a day before the travelling date.
2. If a train is more than three hours late, the passenger can claim complete refund of fare and Tatkal charges.
3. A passenger can claim a full refund if the train’s route is diverted and the passenger doesn’t want to travel on that route.
4. A passenger can claim refund on Tatkal tickets if the train’s route is diverted and the boarding station/destination or both are not on the diverted route.
5. A passenger can claim full refund if he/she is accommodated in lower class and doesn’t wish to travel in the lower class and the passenger has paid the difference if he/she agrees to travel in the lower class.