Kolkata: A 25-year-old passenger in the Guwahati-Kolkata flight fell ill and lost consciousness. Soon after the flight landed at Kolkata airport, he was rushed to the hospital, according to a national media.
According to information, Asit Dey, the passenger, had consumed some drugs before boarding the flight. Some white powder, an aluminium foil and documents of a deaddiction centre was found in his luggage.
Based on primary investigation, he took the drugs before entering the airport. The dosage of the drugs is presumed to be much more than he could endure.
According to an official of Airports Authority of India, “During medical examination at the airport he was in a semi-conscious state and also went into trance often.”
Dey was coming to Kolkata on a Guwahati-Kolkata Air India flight in the evening.
Charnock hospital, where he was shifted later, said in a statement: “He had a sudden bout of drowsiness in the flight. He has been diagnosed as a case of unknown poisoning and is being treated accordingly.”