Howrah: Panic spread near Howrah station in the evening on Thursday after a mini bus caught fire suddenly.
The incident took place near Howrah station when a Naktola-Howrah route passenger mini bus suddenly caught fire. As a result, panic spread, triggering the passengers to get down from the bus.
Major accident was averted though, but several passengers were hurt due to this incident. 2 fire tenders were immediately pressed into service which doused the flames quickly. It is being estimated that malfunction of the machinery might have been the main reason for the fire.