Overloading In CESC Feeder Box Causes Gariahat Inferno

0
531

Kolkata: The forensic report of Gariahat inferno has clearly stated that overloading in CESC feeder box caused the incident at the most street shopper’s paradise in South Kolkata.

The excess power in the feeder box engulfed the high rise at Gariahat junction. The presence of inflammable goods inisde the building have influenced the fire fast. On the other hand, the building Gurudas Mansion did not have proper fire extinguishing equipment in the building.

In the report, it has described that excessive consumption of power from the feeder box has caused such panicking fire at the widespread and crowded area of South Kolkata. No Miniature Circuit Breaker was there in the upstairs. The forensic experts have said after testing the melted main switch of Gurudas Mansion.

The fire fighting system in the building was poor and it was completely unequipped for any emergency situation. The fire incident took place at Saturday midnight. The residents of the building somehow managed to come out from the building with a fear of collapse at that moment. It took a minute to spread the fire in the area. the fifth floor of the building got affected majorly.

The fire fighting department struggled a lot to took fire under control. Nineteens fire tenders were pressed into service for ten hours and Skyman Ladder helped to put water from the top of the bridge. A garment shop, restaurants and flats have burnt in the engulfing fire at the South Kolkata paradise Gariahat.