- Moonlight wins the 89th Academy Award For Best Picture.
- Moonlight wins Best film, Warren Beatty reads out ‘La La Land’ by mistake.
- ‘La La Land’ Wins Best Picture, director and best actress at Academy Awards.
- Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role goes to Emma Stone for La La Land.
- The most awaited, Academy Award for the Best Actor goes to Casey Affleck for Manchester By The Sea.
- DamienChazelle wins the Oscar for Best Director lalaland.
- Moonlight wins its second award for the night. This time the Best Adapted Screenplay.
- Oscars for best original screenplay goes to Manchester By The Sea.
- Robert Legato, Adam Valdez, Andrew R. Jones and Dan Lemmon win the Oscar for Best Visual Effects – ‘The Jungle Book’.
- CityOf Stars Justin Hurwitz; Lyric by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul win the Oscar for Best Original Song & original score ‘La La Land.’
- Best original song goes to City of Stars from ‘La La Land’.
- Winner of the Best Cinematography category is Linus Sandgren for LALALAND.
- Host JimmyKimmel lifts up young actor SunnyPawar, as they try to enact “The Lion King” at Oscars.
- Oscars:Kristof Deák and Anna Udvardy wins the Oscar for Best Live Action Short Sing.
- Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film goes to ‘Sing’.
- Academy Award for Best Documentary Short Subject goes to The White Helmets.
- “The Jungle Book” wins the Academy Award in the Best Visual Effects category.
- Oscar for Best Production Design goes to ‘La La Land’.
- Zootopia wins the award for Best Animated Feature Film.
- Oscar for Best Short Film (Animated) goes to ‘Piper.
- Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film goes to ‘The Salesman’ directed by Asghar Farhadi.
- Viola Davis wins the Oscar for Actress in a Supporting Role for her performance in ‘Fences.’
- Oscars for best Sound Editing goes to Kevin O’Connell, Andy Wright, Robert Mackenzie and Peter Grace for HacksawRidge.
- Sylvain Bellemare wins the Oscar for Best Sound Editing Arrival.
- Dev Patel Misses Out; Mahershala Ali Wins Best Supporting Actor For Moonlight.
- “OJ: Made in America” is the longest film (467 minutes) to ever win an Oscar.
- Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature goes to OJ: Made in America.
- Ezra Edelman and Caroline Waterlow win the Oscar for Best Documentary (Feature).
- Alessandro Bertolazzi, Giorgio Gregorini and Christopher Nelson win the Oscar for Best Makeup and Hair styling for Suicide Squad.
- Colleen Atwood bags the Oscars for Best Costumes leaving behind LaLaLand and Jackie.
- Colleen Atwood wins Oscars for best Costume Design for FantasticBeasts.
- FantasticBeasts wins best costume award Oscars.
- SuicideSquad bags the Oscars for Makeup and Hairstyle.
- Mahershala Ali wins the best supporting actor for ‘Moonlight’.
- Oscars host jimmykimmel ribs donaldtrump by joking that MerylStreep has ‘phoned it in’ her entire career.
- Oscars “Black people saved @NASA and white people saved jazz. That’s what you call progress.”
- Oscars Celebs show support for American Civil Liberties Union with blue ribbons.
- Timberlake kicks off 89th Academy Awards with his song ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling’.
- Moonlight star and Best Actress in a Supporting Role NaomieHarris rocks this white CalvinKlein number on the OscarsRedCarpet.
- Moonlight star and Best Actor in a Supporting Role Nominee MahershalaAli arrives on the OscarsRedCarpet.
- Hiddenfigures actress KristenDunst looks ravishing in a black number as she walks the OscarsRedCarpet.
- Look who decided to show up together on the OscarsRedCarpet! LeoDiCaprio, KateWinslet.
- FlorenceFosterJenkins star and Best Actress nominee MerylStreep arrives on the OscarsRedCarpet. This is her 20th nomination.
- HacksawRidge star and Best Actor in a Leading Role Nominee AndrewGarfield arrives on the OscarRedCarpet.
- ManchesterByTheSea star and Best Actor in a Leading Role Nominee CaseyAffleck arrives on the OscarRedCarpet.
- La La Land leads the pack with 14 nominations, the highest number of nominations since the Titanic.
- Best Actress (Elle) Nominee Isabelle Huppert wore Armani Prive.
- Nominated for the Best Actor LaLaLand lead RyanGosling have arrived.
- The Oscars already has a winner, the cutest thing on the red carpet is India’s SunnyPawar.
- Wake up India, priyankachopra is at the Academy Awards.
- Stage is set for Oscars- Here’re some red carpet looks.
- Best Actress (La La Land) Nominee Emma Stone is here.
- Nicole Kidman (‘Lion’) hits the Oscars red carpet.
- Best Supporting Actor (Lion) Nominee Dev Patel’s date to the AcademyAwards is his mother.
- Making head turns with this black gown, TherealTaraji (from ‘Hidden Figures’) on the red carpet Oscars.
- Movie Lion’s child actor Sunny Pawar walked the red carpet wearing a tuxedo with trainers.
While star Jackie Chan entered the red carpet with two stuffed ‘panda toys’. He told that they represent his real pandas, one of them being called Lazy. Likewise, Jackie is drawing more celebrities to take picture with him.
- Singer Justin Timberlake makes his entry to the red carpet accompanied by his wife.
- Dev Patel makes his entry into the red carpet. He is nominated as the ‘Best Supporting Actor’ for the movie ‘Lion’.
Los Angeles: The 89th Academy Awards will be held at Dolby Theatres, Los Angeles on February 26. To watch Oscars 2017, tune in to Star Movies, Star Movies HD, and Star Movies Select HD channels depending on your subscriptions.
Time: The live show will be broadcast on Monday, February 26, 2017, at 5.30 am. There is also a repeat telecast at 9 pm for those who would love to see the winners collect their Oscars but would love to skip the red carpet shenanigans.
This time, the show will be hosted by the veteran late night show host, Jimmy Kimmel. He has also hosted the Emmys twice and the VMA as well. The attendees look forward to quite a gala time with this comedian and his all time enemy Matt Damon (more like all time friend) in the same room.
Presenters include Dwayne Johnson, Leonardo Di Caprio, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson and Dakota Johnson.
John Legend will be performing the popular numbers “Audition (The Fools Who Dream)” and “City of Stars” from La La Land. Justin Timberlake will perform “Can’t Stop the Feeling!” from Trolls. The others performances include Auli’i Cravalho and Lin-Manuel Miranda’s “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana and Sting’s “The Empty Chair” from Jim: The James Foley Story.
As of February 12, 2017, Hidden Figures which has been nominated under three categories has had a good run at the North America Box Office, in fact, even better than Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone’s La La Land. The musical has been nominated under 14 categories. Moonlight, the film that stands second, with 8 nominations, however, stood last when it came to collection.