No Indian Casualty In UK Parl Attack: Sushma Swaraj

0
110

New Delhi: External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj on Wednesday night said there is no Indian casualty so far in the ‘terror’ attack near UK Parliament in which three people have been killed and over 20 people are injured.

The external affairs minister said she is in constant touch with the Indian High Commission and it will extend all possible help to Indians in London.

- Advertisement -বাংলায় পড়তে হলে ক্লিক করুন Kolkata24x7

Sushma Swaraj also released two numbers of High Commission’s Public Response Unit for people who needed any help or information.

The numbers are 020 8629 5950 and 020 7632 3035.
Meanwhile, the Indian High Commission in London has advised people to strongly avoid Parliament Square and check Metropolitan Police website for further details on the attack.

India has strongly condemned the attack in London.
“There is no place in democracies and civilized societies for terrorism,” the external affairs ministry said in its reaction.

At least three people were killed and 20 injured as terror struck the British capital when a man mowed down pedestrians on a bridge and stabbed a police officer outside Parliament complex before being shot dead by Scotland Yard officers.

The head of counter-terrorism at London’s Metropolitan Police, Mark Rowley said the dead policeman was among the armed officers who guard Parliament while the other victims died on Westminster Bridge after the attacker mowed down pedestrians in a car, leaving at least 20 people injured.

At least three other police officers were also injured in the attack.

---
---