Mumbai: During his cross examination presently underway in a Mumbai sessions court, 26/11 operative David Coleman Headley on Saturday revealed that the National Investigation Agency (NIA) did not record his statement on the then LeT chief Muzammil Bhatt earlier in his ‘exact’ words.
Abdul Wahab Khan, the lawyer of Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal, one of the prime accused in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack is cross-examining Headley and Special Public Prosecutor in the case Ujjwal Nikam is also present.
Here are the top developments in the cross examination so far:
- Lakhvi introduced me to Muzammil Bhatt in 2006 as a top commander of LeT and told me that he has done Akshardham and Ishrat Jahan cases: Headley
- Lakhvi told me about Ishrat Jahan case but I was having prior knowledge about Ishrat Jahan case through newspapers.
- NIA has recorded my statement in different words what I told them. I never told NIA that Lakhvi introduced me to Muzammil as a top commander whose every big operation was a fail.
- I can’t explain why NIA did not record my statement in exact words. They never read out that statement to me after recording.
- How can I explain why someone else made a mistake (on why NIA did not record his statement in his exact words)
- I didn’t tell NIA that Lakhvi sarcastically told me that Muzammil was a top commander whose operations were a failure.
- Yes, I told NIA that there was a women wing in LeT and Mother of Abu Aiman was the head of that. ANI
More details to follow.