Ghaziabad: As Nestle is trying desperately to bring back Maggi on the shelves, trouble seems to be brewing for the giant food maker as live insects were found in a packet of Nestle’ baby food Lactogen in Ghaziabad.
Meenu and Sachin Sharma had bought Lactogen powder boxes in bulk for their child a few days back. They had even fed a carton to the infant. It was only when they opened the second box did they get the shock of their lives- a live insect inside the carton.
They immediately made a phone call to a team of food and drugs department and lodged an official complaint. The complaint led to a raid of the shop in Ghaziabad for selling suspicious content to the public. It is also alleged that the child had been feeling unwell after consuming the powder.
In June this year insect larvae was found in milk powder for kids. This mentally scarring incident comes into light just when Nestle got a go-ahead to resume the production of their most prized product, Maggi. We hope the child is safe and healthy.