- Palanisamy visits Raj Bhavan again to submit the list of cabinet ministers; swearing in date & time will be fixed in this meeting
- OPS supporter self-immolates in Chennai, rushed to hospital.
- MLAs finally leave resort, after 8 days.
- DMK working president MK Stalin welcomes TN governor’s decision to invite Palaniswami to form government.
- MLAs at Golden Beach resort to leave it anytime soon and reach Raj Bhavan for the swearing in ceremony.
- Election Commission to meet Panneerselvam loyalist V Maitreyan at 2.45 pm after he seeks meeting, along with other AIADMK MPs from OPS camp.
- We will not let the party (AIADMK) go into the hands of few of Sasikala’s family members: O Panneerselvam
- PIL filed in Madras HC to stop Edappadi Palaniswami from being sworn in Tamil Nadu CM
- Meanwhile, O. Panneerselvam continues to express confidence that he will be CM
- Sengottaiyan to get Cabinet post.
- Dinakaran to be made new minister. Palaniswami insisting on accomodating loyalists into ministry.
AIADMK MLAs hail decision of Governor; raise pro-Sasikala slogans.
- AIADMK legislature party leader Edappadi K Palanisamy to be sworn in as the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu on Thursday evening
- Seek vote of confidence within 15 days; Governor tells Palaniswami.
- Palaniswamy’s swearing in in between 4 to 4:30 PM.
- Palaniswamy’s swearing in anytime now.
- Heavy police deployment outside the Golden Bay Resort and Raj Bhavan in Chennai
- Floor test soon to prove his majority in 15 days.
- Palaniswami gets CM’s mantle.
- End of Uncertainty, Govt asks Palaniswami to form govt.
- Big Breaking – E. Palaniswami elected then next Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
- E Palaniswami, 5 AIADMK leaders meet Governor
- Palanisamy reaches Raj Bhavan along with 11 leaders to stake claim at CM post
TN Minister Jayakumar,KA Sengottaiyan, S. P. Velumani,T. T. Dinakaran, K. P. Anbazhagan also part of Palanisamy delegation at Raj Bhavan
- E Palaniswami reaches Governor C. Vidyasagar Rao’s residence
- Convoy enters Raj Bhavan.
- Palanisamy to meet Governor at 11.30am, to submit cabinet list, Swearing-in likely in Raj Bhavan today evening
- Palaniswamy to reach Raj Bhavan soon. Will address media after meeting with Governor Vidyasagar Rao.
- AIADMK calls the Governor’s call as ‘Amma’s Victory‘.
- Party President Sengottaiyam is with Palanisami.
- 5 member team including E.Palanisamy & K A Sengottaiyan leaves from Golden Bay resort to meet Gov C.Vidyasagar Rao at Raj Bhawan
- Sources say he might be invited to form the government.
- Palanisamy leaves from Golden Bay Resort to meet Governor.
- Governor to meet Panlaniswami and five other ministers at Raj Bhavan at 11:30 AM
Chennai: Governor C Vidyasagar Rao is likely to swear in AIADMK legislature party leader Edappadi K Palaniswami as chief minister on Thursday. He may be asked to prove majority on the floor of the house in a week, thereby ruling out the possibility of a composite floor test
Tamil Nadu Governor C Vidyasagar Rao may invite Edapaddi K Palaniswami by this afternoon to form government, according to TV reports. The swearing-in could take place by this evening, reports say. All eyes are on the Governor over the swearing-in of the new Tamil Nadu Chief Minister after Edapaddi K Palaniswami and rival O Panneerselvam met him with claims of majority support of AIADMK MLAs. AIADMK legislature party leader Palaniswami, who had called on the Governor to stake claim for forming the government, met him again this evening, with his camp claiming support of 124 of the party’s 134 MLAs. Tamil Nadu has a 234-member legislative assembly. Notably, AIADMK chief V K Sasikala was sent to jail after she had surrendered before a trial court in Bengaluru, after the Supreme Court restored her conviction in the two-decades-old disproportionate assets case.
From an ordinary party member to the Leader of AIADMK legislature party, Edappadi K Palaniswami has come a long way.
Amid the bitter turf war between AIADMK general secretary V K Sasikala and acting chief minister O Panneerselvam, the 63-year-old loyalist of late J Jayalalithaa was elected Leader of AIADMK legislature party to facilitate his elevation as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister.