- BJP’s Hans Raj Hans exercises his right to vote at a polling booth in Jalandhar
- BJP-Akali Dal will win and Parkash Singh Badal will become the CM for the sixth time, says BJP’s Hans Raj Hans
- Goa’s overall turnout till 11 am: 34%.
- Punjab has recorded an overall voter turnout of 14% till 11.30 am.
- Officials at polling booth no.23 in Jalandhar take selfie with Harbhajan Singh.
- Punjab has recorded an overall voter turnout of 12% till 10.30 am
- Around 8 to 10 per cent of the total 1.98 crore electors have exercised their franchise till 10 AM.
- Aam Aadmi Party MP and candidate from Jalalabad Bhagwant Mann casts his vote.
- Former Chief Minister and Congress leader Digambar Kamat casts his vote in South Goa’s Margao.
- Goa: North Goa has recorded a voting percentage of 16 per cent, while South Goa recorded 14 per cent with an overall turnout of 15 per cent, till 9 am.
- Punjab: 9 per cent polling in Pathankot till 9 am.
Chandigarh: Voting for single phase of Assembly elections in Punjab and Goa is underway. While Goa is voting to elect members for the 40-seat Assembly, in Punjab 1.98 crore eligible voters will decide the fate of nearly 1,145 candidates for 117-seat Assembly.
In Goa, the fate of five former chief ministers and present CM Laxmikant Parsekar will be sealed in Electronic Voting machines by 5pm today. On the other hand, in Punjab, CM Parkash Singh Badal is battling anti-incumbency after two consecutive terms.
Bhagwant Mann casts his vote in Mohali, says he will defeat Sukhbir Badal.
Polling delayed in Amritsar by half hour due to glitch in EVM.
President of Aapna Punjab Party Sucha Singh Chhotepur casts his vote.
Polling at booth no. 66 in Punjab’s Jalandhar delayed due to glitch in the EVM machine.
He loves challenges; in Arunachal also he wanted a challenging area, says wife of Gen JJ Singh(retd) on him contesting against Congress’s Amarinder Singh.
Punjab: Problems in EVM at Majitha`s 42 number booth, voting yet to start.
Women cast their vote at booth no.66 in Jalandhar.
We will win with complete, comfortable majority and will continue development work and most importantly job creation: Goa CM.
Snag in EVM delays polling in at booth number 126 in Mohali. AAP’s Bhagwant Mann is set to cast his vote there.
Goa CM Laxmikant Parsekar casts his vote in North Goa’s Arambol.
We are very confident. I got reports we are doing well: Captain Amarinder Singh.
It is a very important poll as far future of Punjab goes. We are in financial crisis. Our youth have no jobs, they are into drugs: Maharani Preneet Kaur, Amarinder Singh’s wife.
People queue up to cast their votes in Pathankot.
I will defeat Prakash Badal in his home town and walk away victorious: Captain Amarinder Singh to India Today
We have held malwa for 15 years, it begins from Ropar all the way to Bathinda. I and my family know villages here: Captain Amarinder Singh to India Today
SAD candidate General JJ Singh (retd) against Congress’s Amarinder Singh from Patiala Urban casts his vote.
Voting in Punjab begins. 1145 candidates to contest across 117 seats
Gen JJ Singh (Retd) SAD candidate against Congress’s Amarinder Singh from Patiala Urban, arrives to cast his vote.
Voters arrive at booth no.66 in Jalandhar; security deployed, preparations complete for voting to begin at 8 am.
Voters wait for polling to begin at 8 am in Punjab. Initial reports suggest good voter turnout: Manohar Parrikar.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar reaches polling booth in Goa