- Next hearing on 20th February.
- Sam Pitroda didn’t appear because of health issues and was granted exemption.
- Court rejects petitioner’s appeal to impose travel restrictions on Gandhis.
- We will appear in the court again on February 20: Kapil Sibal.
- Three others including Motilal Vora, Oscar Fernandes and Suman Dubey also granted bail.
- Antony Stands surety for Sonia. Priyanka stands for Rahul.
- Subramanian Swamy opposed bail to Sonia and Rahul, argues they can escape abroad. Gandhis exit on Patiala House Court.
- Subramanian Swamy demands bailable warrant against Sam Pitroda for non appearance,also opposes bail for Gandhis.
- Bail granted on Rs50 thousand personal bond and one surety each.
- Bail granted to Sonia and Rahul Gandhi.
- Furious Cong workers shout in slogans. Raf deployed.
- Cong Leader Anand Sharma alleges political Vendeta and conspiracy hatched by BJP against the Gandhis.
- Kapil Sibal begins arguments for the Gandhis.
- Lawyers inside Patiala House Court raise slogans in support of Gandhis.
- Herald Hearing underway.
- Sonia and Rahul at Gate No 2 of Patiala House court.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi reaches Patiala House Court.
- Rahul Gandhi cavalcade on Rajpath.
- Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh reaches Patiala House court.
- Priyanka Vadra, Mallikarjun Kharge, Sheila Dixit, Meera Kumar reach Patiala House court.
- Congress leaders Ghulam Nabi Azad, Kapil Sibal, Sheila Dixit, Meira Kumar arrive at Patiala House Court.
Senior advocates RS Cheema and PK Kaushik arrive in court.
- Former PM Manmohon Singh likely to file bail bond for Sonia Gandhi and Ahmad Patel for Rahul Gandhi.
New Delhi: Today is a crucial day for the Gandhis. Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi are due to appear before a trial court in connection with the National Herald case filed by BJP leader Subramanian Swamy. Get all the live updates right here through the day. Congress workers have started gathering outside the Congress headquarters in Delhi. Congress workers protest in Bhopal, workers detained.
Congress president Rahul Gandhi has arrived at 10, Janpath – the residence of Congress president Sonia Gandhi. Priyanka Gandhi and her husband Robert Vadra will accompany Sonia and Rahul in court. The Delhi Police has beefed up security at BJP leader Subramanian Swamy’s residence, who had filed the complaint against the Gandhis in the National Herald case.
Contrary to the hype, legal experts familiar with the case proceedings feel the actual court proceedings on Saturday could be a brief one, once the Gandhis and others make their appearances. They feel, the petitioner in the case, Subramanian Swamy, will also have the option of making his submission before the court before the lawyers of Gandhis make their arguments.
Some senior Congress leaders and Gandhis also held a meeting on Saturday and the Gandhis were briefed about the future course. Their personal appearances was finalised by the leadership after they decided not to exercise the option of appealing in a higher court against the Delhi high court order, upholding the lower court ruling asking the Gandhis and other to appear in person.
“The party leadership is absolutely clear that none from the Congress should resort to emotional scenes inside the court or court premises. The Congress president, vice-president and the entire party leadership have full faith in the court and will follow the judicial process just like any other citizen,” said a senior leader.