Mumbai School Boy Electrocuted While Taking Selfie

0
82

Mumbai: 14-year old schoolboy, who was trying to take a selfie on his cellphone at the top of a train wagon, was electrocuted and died a few hours later on Tuesday evening, officials said.

The incident happened at Nahur station yard on the Central Railway when the victim, Sahil C. Eshwarkar allegedly climbed at top of a goods train wagon.

- Advertisement -বাংলায় পড়তে হলে ক্লিক করুন Kolkata24x7

He accidentally came in contact with the powerful 25,000 volts overhead electrical wires and was electrocuted, suffering 80 percent burns. He was rushed to the Rajawadi Hospital nearby where he was declared dead. The police have registered a case of accidental death.

This is the second such incident of teenagers getting killed while clicking extreme selfies rashly in the city this year.

---
---