- Player of the match Krunal Pandya.
- Ben Stokes gets the Most Valuable Player of the season award.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar gets the Purple Cap – for topping the bowling charts with 26 wickets.
- David Warner gets the Orange Cap for scoring 641 runs – the most in the season.
- Glenn Maxwell wins the award for hitting the most number of sixes in the season.
- Basil Thampi wins the emerging player of the season award.
- Sunil Narine wins the award for the fastest fifty of the season – 15 balls.
- Gujarat Lions win the fairplay award.
- Mumbai beat Pune by 1 run to win.
- Mumbai Indians Beats Supergiant To Clinch 3rd IPL Title.
- Rising Pune Supergiant need 6 runs in 2 balls
- Rising Pune Supergiant need 7 runs in 3 balls
- Smith OUT c Rayudu b Johnson 51(50).
- Rising Pune Supergiant need 7 runs in 4 balls.
- Daniel Christian, right handed bat, comes to the crease.
- Manoj Tiwary c Pollard b Johnson 7(8)
- Rising Pune Supergiant need 7 runs in 5 balls.
- Johnson to Manoj Tiwary, FOUR, to backward square leg.
- Smith 51* RPS 119/3 of 19 overs.
- Rising Pune Supergiant need 11 runs in 6 balls
- Bumrah to Smith, SIX, to long off.
- Smith 42* of 46 balls.
- RPS 107/3 (18.0 Ovs) CRR: 5.94 REQ: 11.5
- Malinga to Smith, FOUR.
- Rising Pune Supergiant need 28 runs in 14 balls.
- Lasith Malinga [3.0-0-14-0] is back into the attack.
Rising Pune Supergiant need 30 runs in 18 balls.
- RPS 98/3 (16.2 Ovs) CRR: 6 REQ: 8.73
- Bumrah to Dhoni, out Caught by Parthiv Patel, Dhoni 10(13)
- Rising Pune Supergiant need 33 runs in 24 balls.
- Smith 33* of 38 RPS 97/2 at 16 overs.
- Krunal Pandya to Smith, SIX, square of the wicket.
- Krunal Pandya to Dhoni, FOUR, to deep backward point.
- RPS 83/2 (15.0 Ovs) CRR: 5.53 REQ: 9.4
Rising Pune Supergiant need 47 runs in 30 balls.
- Smith 22* at 32 balls. RPS 77/2 at 14 overs.
- RPS 71/2 (12.0 Ovs) CRR: 5.92 REQ: 7.38
Rising Pune Supergiant need 59 runs in 48 balls.
- MS Dhoni, right handed bat, comes to the crease.
- Johnson to Rahane, out Caught by Pollard, Rahane 44(38)
- Johnson to Smith, FOUR.
- Krunal Pandya to Rahane, FOUR, to fine leg
- RPS 58/1 (10.0 Ovs) CRR: 5.8 REQ: 7.2
Rising Pune Supergiant need 72 runs in 60 balls.
- Rising Pune Supergiant need 82 runs in 72 balls.
- Rahane 26* at 20 balls, RPS 43/1
- After 6 overs pune score 38/1.
- Malinga to Rahane, FOUR, to deep extra cover.
- Pune score 32/1 at 5 overs.
- Karn Sharma to Rahane, FOUR, to long on.
- RPS 23/1 (4.0 Ovs) Rahane 14*
Rising Pune Supergiant need 107 runs
- Malinga to Rahane, no run, done in by the slower ball .. and dropped.
- RPS score 17/1 runs after 2.2 overs.
- Bumrah to Tripathi, out Lbw, Tripathi 3(8).
- RPS 14/0 (2.0 Ovs) CRR: 7 REQ: 6.44
- Rising Pune Supergiant score 6/0 runs after 1st over.
- Krunal Pandya to Rahane, FOUR, to deep extra cover
- Rahane and Tripathi are at the crease. Rahane is on strike. Krunal Pandya open the attack.
- RPS needs 130 runs to win the IPL trophy.
- MI 129/8 (20.0 Ovs) CRR: 6.45
- Christian to Krunal Pandya, out Caught by Rahane, Krunal Pandya 47(38).
- Christian to Krunal Pandya, SIX, straight down the ground.
- Christian to Krunal Pandya, FOUR, to deep square leg.
- Unadkat to Krunal Pandya, SIX, to mid wicket.
- MI 105/7 (18.0 Ovs) CRR: 5.83
- Christian to Krunal Pandya, FOUR, to deep backward point
- Christian to Johnson, SIX, to long on.
- MI 92/7 (17.0 Ovs) CRR: 5.41
- Mumbai Indians score 86/7 runs after 16 overs.
- MI 81/7 (15.0 Ovs) CRR: 5.4
- MI 79/7 (14.1 Ovs) CRR: 5.58
- SN Thakur to Karn Sharma, out Karn Sharma Run Out 1(5).
- MI 78/6 (13.2 Ovs) CRR: 5.85
- Christian to Hardik Pandya, out Lbw, Hardik Pandya 10(9).
- MI 76/5 (13.0 Ovs) CRR: 5.85
- MI 65/5 (11.0 Ovs) CRR: 5.91
- Zampa to Pollard, out Caught by Manoj Tiwary, Pollard 7(3)
Zampa to Pollard, SIX, to long off.
- Kieron Pollard, right handed bat, comes to the crease
- MI 56/4 (10.1 Ovs) CRR: 5.51
- Zampa to Rohit, out Caught by SN Thakur!! Rohit c SN Thakur b Zampa 24(22)
- Mumbai Indians score 56/3 runs after 10 overs. Rohit 24*
Washington Sundar to Krunal Pandya, FOUR.
- MI 50/3 (9.0 Ovs) CRR: 5.56
- Mumbai Indians score 46/3 runs after 8 overs.
- Rohit score 22* at 17 balls.
- Krunal Pandya, left handed bat, comes to the crease.
- MI 41/3 (7.2 Ovs) CRR: 5.59
- Lockie Ferguson to Rayudu, out Rayudu Run Out, Rayudu run out (Smith) 12(15).
- Mumbai score 41/2 runs after 7 overs.
- Zampa to Rayudu, FOUR.
- Zampa to Rayudu, FOUR, to deep backward point.
- MI score 32/2 runs 6 overs. Rohit 20* at 14 balls.
- Lockie Ferguson to Rohit, FOUR, to sweeper cover.
- Lockie Ferguson to Rohit, FOUR, to third man.
- Lockie Ferguson to Rohit, FOUR, to fine leg.
- Lockie Ferguson to Rohit, FOUR, square of the wicket.
- MI score 16/2 runs after 5th overs.
- MI score 9/2 after the end of 3 overs.
- Unadkat to Simmons, out Caught&Bowled, Simmons 3(8).
- A stunning return catch from Unadkat and MI are in early trouble.
- Parthiv Patel c SN Thakur b Unadkat 4(6)
- MI score 7/0 runs after 2 overs.
- Washington Sundar, right-arm off break, comes into the attack.
- Mumbai Indians score 3/0 runs after 1st over.
- Simmons and Parthiv Patel are at the crease. Simmons is on strike. Unadkat open the attack.
- Rising Pune Supergiant (Playing XI): Ajinkya Rahane, Rahul Tripathi, Steven Smith(c), Manoj Tiwary, MS Dhoni(w), Daniel Christian, Washington Sundar, Lockie Ferguson, Shardul Thakur, Jaydev Unadkat, Adam Zampa
- Mumbai Indians (Playing XI): Lendl Simmons, Parthiv Patel(w), Ambati Rayudu, Rohit Sharma(c), Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Karn Sharma, Mitchell Johnson, Jasprit Bumrah, Lasith Malinga
- Mumbai Indians Wins Toss & Opts To Bat.
Hyderabad: Mumbai Indians (MI) will be vying for their third Indian Premier League (IPL) title, when they take on Rising Pune Supergiant (RPS) in the final of the tenth edition of the event on Sunday evening.
So far, the Steve Smith-led RPS has had the better of MI, beating them thrice this season, which includes a 20-run win in the first qualifier played earlier this week. MI has an enviable record of having reached the IPL final on three earlier occasions, and winning in 2013 and 2015, and therefore, can be expected to have their tails up when they encounter RPS at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium here this evening.
— Mumbai Indians (@mipaltan) May 21, 2017
Mumbai entered the finals after a six-wicket win against the Gautam Gambhire-led Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in the second qualifier played in Bengaluru on Friday.
RPS, on the other hand, will be aiming to end their association with the IPL with silverware, and will be looking to be led effectively by skipper Smith with the assistance of former skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni.