Mumbai Fire: Death Due To Suffocation, Confirms Hospital Dean

0
151

Mumbai: KEM hospital dean Dr Avinash Supe confirms that hospital has received 12 injured and 14 dead bodies from Kamala Mills Compound, where fire broke out in the wee hours.
16 deaths due to suffocation and having the poisoning gas of carbon monoxide.

The massive fire in the compound in the Lower Parel area broke out in the wee hours of Friday.Meanwhile, transmission of the TV channels ET Now, Mirror Now, Zoom and TV9 Marathi located in the compound have also been affected due to the fire.

Edward Memorial (KEM) Hospital Dean Dr Avinash Supe said on Friday Addressing the media, Dr. Supe said as per post mortem reports, the deaths took place due to suffocation and carbon monoxide poisoning.

“At about 1 to 1:15 a.m., we started receiving patient from Kamala Mills. Twelve patients came who were suffering from superficial burns. All the patients have been treated and have been released. With those 12 patients, 14 dead bodies were also brought to the hospital.. The main reason for deaths was suffocation and carbon monoxide poisoning,” he said.
He further informed that all the dead bodies have been identified.

---