Kolkata: A woman and her son was electrocuted under mysterious circumstances in front of their residence on Sarat Chandra Road under Haridevpur police station area on Sunday afternoon.
The bodies of the mother son duo were spotted by the neighbours with the clothesline lying on their motionless bodies. According to police sources, the woman Puspa Samanta (40) was putting a blanket for drying on the clothesline adjacent to a well in front of her house at around 2.20pm when she felt an electric shock and was flung to the ground.
She raised a cry and her younger son Monojit who was having his lunch rushed out of the house. Seeing her mother lying on the ground struggling with the clothesline upon her, the teenager tried to remove it and suffered the same fate.
Neighbours spotted both of them and rushed the duo to MR Bangur Hospital where both of them were declared brought dead.Officers from Haridevpur police station rushed to the spot and found that the rope that was used for hanging clothes by Puspa was tied with a rod of a ceiling fan inside their house indicating chances of electrocution.