New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the nation in the 16th edition of the ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme at 11am on Sunday. In this monthly radio programme, the Prime Minister shares his thoughts with the nation.
The programme has been initiated with an aim to reach out to people in remote corners of the country. The first edition of the programme was aired on October 3, 2014. The Prime Minister had urged the people to share their ideas for the programme on the MyGov Open Forum. This is the first Mann ki Baat of 2016
- Mann Ki Baat has bound me with you so effectively that I feel the urge to discuss every thought that crosses my mind.
- If the entire nation observes silence every 30th January at 11 am, you can imagine the energy that single moment will generate.
- We observed silence yesterday (Saturday) as a mark of respect to our brave martyrs.
- Sardar Patel said India’s independence is in ‘Khadi’, India’s civilisation represents ‘Khadi.’
- ‘Khadi’ has become a symbol. It has now become a centre of interest of nation’s youth.
- ‘Khadi’ has the power to provide employment to crores of people.
- The experiment of associating spinning wheel with solar energy has been a success.
- Many people have written to me telling me about major changes that solar ‘charkha’ (spinning wheel) has brought in their lives.
- I congratulate Haryana for its social transformation.
- I want to express my greetings to Haryana, as there has been a rapid increase in birth rate of girl child in the state.
- A lot is said in our country in the name of farmers, but I don’t want to get involved in the controversy.
- Let us integrate as many farmers as possible with the crop insurance scheme.