New Delhi: Reiterating his praise for the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for scripting history by launching 20 satellites in a go, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday lauded the scientists, while commending India’s youth for contributing significantly towards the epic launch.
The Prime Minister in the 21st edition of his ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme also continued to spread his message on the importance and impact of Yoga in daily life and called on the nation to deliberate on how the discipline can mitigate diabetes.
Here are the highlights from the Prime Minister’s address:
- Like our farmers, our scientists are working very hard and making our nation very proud.
- This satellite signifies the skills and aspirations of the youth of India.
- ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ has touched so many lives. The results of the various examinations show how women are excelling.
- You would have seen Twitter joining Yoga Day celebrations through a special emoji.
- We need to think about how Yoga can mitigate diabetes.
- Very often Mann Ki Baat is criticised, but this is possible because we are in a democracy. Do you remember 25-26 June 1975?
- Democracy is our strength and we will have to always make our democratic fabric stronger.
- There was a day when voice of people was trampled over, but now the people of India express their views on how the government is performing.
- The entire nation must unify its efforts to save every drop of water possible.
- A retired government employee giving almost a third of his pension for a Swachh Bharat. What can be a greater inspiration?