New Delhi: Hours before the session began, a minor fire broke out at the Delhi assembly on Tuesday. Fire brigade rushed to the spot and deployed four engines to douse the flames.
As per reports, flames broke out at the office of Minister Satender Jain, a short circuit in the AC machine was responsible for the fire. The minister was not in his office when the incident happened.
According to them, the control room had received a call around 12.45pm from the security personnel posted at the assembly.
“We reached within two minutes after receiving the call and brought the flames under control,” said a fire officer. A few documents kept at the office have been damaged in the fire.
A team from the Civil Lines police station nearby also rushed to the scene. A probe has been initiated to establish the cause of fire. The electrical circuit system is also being checked.