Minor fire at AIIMS Delhi


New Delhi: A minor fire broke out on the sixth floor of the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).

According to officials the fire was caused due to short circuit in an electrical an electrical appliance in the floor. The incident occurred at around 10 am on Sunday morning when smoke was noticed from one of the windows of the floor. The security guards were alerted and the fire department was called in.

Five fire tenders were pressed into service and the fire was brought under control within fifteen minutes. According to the fire officials, no one was injured in the incident although some important files may have been damaged in the fire.

Previous articleMaxwell & Co ready for ‘fireworks’ at Wankhede
Next articleAlleged TMC worker thrashes CPM members at Balurghat