Kolkata: Metro services in Kolkata were hit for a brief period on Wednesday morning after doors of a Dum Dum-bound AC rake malfunctioned at Kavi Nazrul station, officials said.
The situation was brought under control within few minutes after technicians opened the doors and the passengers disembarked safely from the train.
The incident happened during peak office hours. “We are looking into the technical glitches,” said a metro official. The metro services were also suspended for around half-an-hour between Dum Dum and Kavi Subhash stations on Tuesday evening, following a problem on the tracks. On December 27, a fire broke out on board a metro train here during rush hours, causing a stampede-like situation and leaving at least 16 passengers injured.