New Delhi: The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Wednesday summoned Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit, and demanded action against the Pakistan Army personnel responsible for the mutilation of two Indian Army soldiers at Krishna Ghati sector in Jammu and Kashmir.
“Foreign Secretary summons Pak HC, conveys India’s outrage, demands action against Pak soldiers and commanders responsible,” said MEA official spokesperson Gopal Baglay in a tweet.
Foreign Secretary summons Pak HC, conveys India's outrage, demands action against Pak soldiers and commanders responsible pic.twitter.com/lKaRzIlhKb
— Gopal Baglay (@MEAIndia) May 3, 2017
However, the Pakistan Army on Monday denied India’s charge of mutilating two of the latter’s soldiers and described itself as a highly professional force that never disrespects any soldier.
“Pakistan Army did not commit any ceasefire violation on LOC or a BAT action in Buttal sector (Indian Krishna Ghati Sector) as alleged by India. Indian blame of mutilating Indian soldiers’ bodies is also false,” the Inter Services Public Relation (ISPR) said in a statement.
The Indian Army had earlier claimed that Pakistan mutilated bodies of two Indian soldiers who were killed in a ceasefire violation in Jammu and Kashmir’s Krishna Ghati sector.
The Indian Army confirmed the news by releasing a statement.
“Pak Army carried out unprovoked Rocket and Mortar firing on two forward posts on the line of control in Krishna Ghati Sector. Simultaneously, a BAT action was launched on a patrol operating in between the two posts. In an unsoldierly act by the Pak Army the bodies of two of our soldiers in the patrol were mutilated. Such despicable act of Pakistan Army will be appropriately responded.”